Magic Dinner Theaters

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.

Postby Tony Brent » 02/02/06 08:02 AM

Any idea how many magic dinner shows there are in the U.S.? I'm doing some research for a book. Any information would be appreciated.

Best,
Tony Brent
Orlando, Florida
Tony Brent

Postby Chris Aguilar » 02/02/06 08:11 AM

Here's one near me.

http://calmagic.com/
Chris Aguilar

Postby NCMarsh » 02/02/06 08:21 AM

Houdini's Showplace
(941) 351-1250
5500 N Tamiami TRL
Sarasota, FL 34243
Vince Carmen and Yvonne

Though the theater is not centered around magic, I perform walkaround (and will likely soon perform stand-up) at:
The Golden Apple Dinner Theatre
(941) 366-5454
25 N. Pineapple Ave
Sarasota, FL 34243

Best,

N.
OrlandoCorporateMagician.com Orlando Magician
NCMarsh

Postby Guest » 05/19/06 01:55 PM

Tony,

Likely you will have to poll this information state by state. However, most states have a very good statewide restaurant association. (They also have good lobbyists! Good lobbyists require information.)

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
(The old university marketing professor and registered lobbyist)

Postby Amos McCormick » 05/19/06 02:43 PM

I know of these:

Teatro ZinZanni - Seattle and San Francisco
Merlin's Magic Dinner Show - Orange, CA
Outta Control Magic Dinner Show at WonderWorks, Orlando
Magic of Polynesia - Honolulu

I had written them down a while back for some reason, so I'm not sure whether they're still in business.

Amos McCormick
Amos McCormick

Postby Guest » 05/20/06 05:30 AM

I want to mention Warren & Annabelle's but I'm not sure it is exactly what you're thinking of in terms of structure. You have dinner in a pre-show area while being entertained by singers and Annabelle the piano-playing ghost, THEN you move into the theatre for the magic part of the evening (and continuing [censored] service).

It's not a dinner theatre in the traditional sense (your dinner table gives you a view of the stage) I suppose, but I think it still warrants a mention.

Warren & Annabelle's is in Lahaina on the western shore of Maui.

JMT

Postby Guest » 05/24/06 05:38 AM

Tony,

I will post a shameless self-promotional response. We have a monthly show of dinner and magical entertainment in Atlanta, Indiana. It traces the nexus of the history of cooking and magic. Each course is followed by a multimedia historical presentation and either a demonstration of cooking or magic. You can see more information at our website, www.fletchersofatlanta.com .

Postby Guest » 05/27/06 06:47 AM

Fletcher,

You posted too late this time. I finished up there May 12th. Had I known you were there I would have made it a point to drop in while I was touring up there.

Keep us posted!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Postby Guest » 05/27/06 07:43 AM

Tony,

My buddy Gerry Griffin is the proprietor of the California Magic Dinner Theatre, in Martinez, CA.

Tom

Postby Guest » 03/17/07 07:44 AM

In January and February while working the Gulf Coast, I had the opportunity to visit Sno's near Baton Rouge for a great dinner and magic. Catch Tim working there when you get down that way.

(Go early if you don't plan to wait!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Return to Alternative Media