Tales From the Darkside - TV Series: "Levitation"

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.

Postby Guest » 06/26/07 02:02 PM

Has anyone seen the episode from TFTD titled, "Levitation"? I've not seen this one and would like to hear more about it. It aired on Season One of the series.

Summary:
A teenager talks a once-famous magician into performing his greatest feat of levitation, with disastrous results.
Written by David Gerrold.
May 19, 1985

Postby Mike Rozek » 06/26/07 03:10 PM

Edited to remove spoiler....see post below.
Mike Rozek

Postby Mike Rozek » 06/26/07 03:12 PM

Ok...I'm not advocating this at all, as I'm sure the copyright prevents this, but it appears that someone posted the entire episode (in parts) on Youtube. You should be able to find your answer there.
Mike Rozek

Postby Guest » 06/26/07 04:13 PM

you posted a spoiler caution about a tv show that's a decade old?

Postby Mike Rozek » 06/26/07 04:18 PM

What can I say..it's a good episode, and some may want to still watch it:) If you want the quick synopsis, the last 3 minutes of the show pretty much sum the entire thing up.
Mike Rozek

Postby Guest » 06/26/07 05:05 PM

Very interesting....I didn't think my querry would incite any response.

Since posting, I've been digging around and have found this and other episodes. Including the CREEPY theme music. Damn those episodes scared the hell out of me as a kid.

Its a 20min episode, just watch the whole dang thing.

This series was incredibly good. Its unfortunate nothing along this horror genre compares today.

Postby Jeff Haas » 06/27/07 03:17 PM

Sounds like it's the same David Gerrold that wrote "The Trouble with Tribbles."
Jeff Haas

Return to Alternative Media