magicians in commercials

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.

Postby Guest » 01/09/08 05:03 PM

Hi--I have come to learn that some magic enthusiasts like to hear every instance when magicians are on t.v. and or commercials: here are 3 recent ones I've seen as a heads up for you video snippet collectors:

Robitussin cough syrup: magician changes silks into a foulard which subsequently changes

Ritz crackers: toward the end, a 1970s-style mime-like street magician pulls a ritz out of a spectator's ear, then via computer graphics flourishes more crackers...

Finally, the commercials for the "Houdini corkscrew"...

That is all. So long...

Postby Guest » 01/10/08 12:33 AM

...there is also a clip of david ben for a digital camera
http://www.davidben.com/video/Coolpix_30s_Eng.wmv

Hannes

Postby Guest » 01/10/08 07:32 PM

Icy Hot gel--a pain-relieving rub.

They mention the magician's name at the beginning of the add, but I was not quick enough for it to register...

Postby Pete Biro » 01/10/08 08:01 PM

Onwe of the customers getting a haircut at Dean Dill's yesterday (sorry didn't get his name) said he's in a major auto insurance commercial, but only as an person not mage.
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby Guest » 01/11/08 02:05 PM

Originally posted by castawaydave:
Icy Hot gel--a pain-relieving rub.

They mention the magician's name at the beginning of the add, but I was not quick enough for it to register...
James Brandon is on that commercial.

Postby Guest » 01/11/08 03:37 PM

bet you can't imagine my dad doing a
dunkin' donut commerical.

not exactly sure if he did magic in
all the TV commericals and print ads.
I think he was casted mainly for
the sterotypical chinaman.

Return to Alternative Media