Walk Around Dilema

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

Postby Guest » 10/24/04 05:37 PM

:help:
I have been asked to do a walk around magic show at our company Christmas Party. I have never done walk around before, are there any "basics" I should be aware of?

Postby Dustin Stinett » 10/24/04 06:02 PM

My advice is to do what I always do when asked to perform at a company function: Recommend a good professional performer who does the type of magic they are requesting. Please do not take offense, as I mean none. Obviously I do not know what type of magic you already perform, but the fact that you are asking this question tells me that you do not have the background needed to do the gig and frankly (unless you are a gifted performer), two months is not enough time to develop the background one would need before jumping into his first real-world experience.

Just my opinionfor what its worth.

Dustin
Dustin Stinett

Postby Guest » 10/24/04 06:04 PM

For what it is worth Dunstin I will consider your opinion, no offense taken, I'll let you know how it goes

Postby Guest » 10/24/04 06:15 PM

My apologies, I have mispelled your name Dustin, tad bit of a fat finger ;)

Postby Jeff Haas » 10/24/04 08:01 PM

The other thing is, it's difficult doing a show for the company where you work. People know you in your role in the job, and you have to shift into a different role of entertainer. If you don't have a lot of experience doing that kind of show, it's much tougher than doing it for strangers.

Jeff
Jeff Haas

Return to Reference Room