Accommodation Advice, please..........

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

Postby Darren Lawbuary » 09/12/05 08:42 AM

Brethren.

As mentioned in my previous post, I visit your fair shores in 3 days time. Would anybody have advice or tips, please, regarding fairly reasonably priced accommodation in the Hollywood area?
All hotels I have contacted so far only have expensive executive suits remaining.
I am staying 4 nights only, and sadly, Her Majesty only pays a meagre wage to Her sailors and soldiers!!

In anticipation, thank you.
Peace,
Remember, laughter is the best medicine. Unless you're asthmatic, then it's Ventolin.
Darren Lawbuary

Postby Pete Biro » 09/12/05 09:10 AM

The Magic Hotel next door to the Magic Castle. I think if you go to www.magiccastle.com you may find a link as the same folks own both properites.
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » 09/12/05 09:14 AM

Here's a link and scroll down to near bottom:
http://www.magiccastle.com/visiting/
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby Darren Lawbuary » 09/12/05 10:01 AM

Pete,

Many thanks for the link - no single rooms left, sadly!

I will persevere!

Peace,
Remember, laughter is the best medicine. Unless you're asthmatic, then it's Ventolin.
Darren Lawbuary

Postby Richard Kaufman » 09/12/05 10:34 AM

Did you try the Highland Gardens? It's right next to the Magic Motel. It's not fancy, but if you're in the navy it'll be fine for you. :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Steve Bryant » 09/12/05 10:35 AM

Try the Highland Gardens, only 2 doors away from the Magic Castle. The Ritz it ain't! But I am showing rooms available on hotels.com.
Steve Bryant

Postby Darren Lawbuary » 09/12/05 10:52 AM

Richard, Steve......

Many thanks for this information!
And Richard, I agree totally - even Platform 2 of Oslo train Station, Norway was more than adequate for a socially confused sailor - a long story........
Darren Lawbuary

Return to Reference Room