Rice Encyclopedia Searchable Inventors Index

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

Postby Spellbinder » 12/09/05 12:48 PM

This will be of interest to those who are magic authors and need to credit inventors of silk effects or silk props and gimmicks. I have posted a searchable list on my web site The Magic Nook and when it is complete, I will make it available as an Excel file for anyone who requests a copy. I hope you find it useful.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook
Spellbinder

Postby Guest » 12/09/05 04:19 PM

Maybe I'm daft, but I could not find the index.

:confused:

Postby Spellbinder » 12/09/05 04:58 PM

Sorry about that. It's part of my "Project: Magic Inventors," which eventually will have more than just silk magic inventors. Anyway, here's a direct link to the Rice index:
http://www.magicnook.com/forum/project.htm
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook
Spellbinder

Postby Guest » 12/09/05 05:07 PM

I can certainly recommend going to MagicNook and buying a lot of stuff there.

Spellbinder's website is really great. Thanks for posting the link for MagicNook, Spellbinder.

Postby Spellbinder » 12/11/05 10:10 AM

Thanks Magicwand... you're making me blush.

I received the Rice Encyclopedia of Magic Index to volumes 1-3 and found that it only lists inventors if the inventor's name is part of the name of the effect, such as "Abbott's Silk Production Box." The "Temple Screen" is listed, but with no connection to U.F. Grant, whom we all (I hope!) know to be its inventor.

So my Inventor's index work continues, knowing that it will be of value for the purpose of crediting inventors by magic authors.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook
Spellbinder

Postby Guest » 12/15/05 10:44 PM

Spellbinder,

You are a gentleman and a scholar! (and a ton of help!)

Thank you for your hard work. You are appreciated.

Bob Sanders
The Amazed Wiz

Postby Spellbinder » 12/28/05 05:04 PM

The Rice Encyclopedia Inventor's index is now complete for volumes 1-3. I will keep it on-line through the end of the year, and after that, it will be available to anyone who requests it as an Excel file.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook
Spellbinder

Return to Reference Room