help

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

Postby Guest » 03/04/06 09:21 PM

:help: Does anyone know the card effect where the magician places a card face down between two other cards,shakes them and it visually turns face up.

I have no idea :mad:

Postby John Wilson » 03/04/06 09:38 PM

I think you're looking for Paul Harris's Bizarre Twist. There are two phases of the card turning over a la Twisting the Aces and as a kicker the back of the card changes color. This effect was published in the Art of Astonishment, I believe it's in volume one. It was also published previously, but I forget where. Hope this helped.
John Wilson

Postby Guest » 03/04/06 09:48 PM

:D THANKS THATS THE ONE

Postby Guest » 03/04/06 09:58 PM

It was previously published in the booklet Paul Harris Reveals Some of His Most Intimate Secrets.

you can follow up the Bizzare Twist with the Cros Twist which is done with one hand. also in volume 1 of the Art of Astonishments.

Postby Guest » 03/04/06 10:07 PM

Have you heard about David Blaines new stunt? :confused:

Postby John Wilson » 03/05/06 02:13 AM

Does it involve not eating and a glass box?? :p
John Wilson

Postby Guest » 03/05/06 12:13 PM

:D very funny

Postby Guest » 03/17/06 06:38 PM

:rolleyes: Anyways what are other tricks in that book,because i dont want to buy it for only one trick :confused:

Postby Guest » 03/20/06 01:02 AM

Buy the set of three Art of Astonishment books. They're great. Las Vegas Leaper, Reset, Flapjacks, Fizzmaster, signed leaf to tree (can't remember the name of that one), etc...Too many effects to name.

Postby Joe Pecore » 03/20/06 04:30 AM

The contents of the Art of Astonishment books can be found here:
Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.
Joe Pecore

Postby Guest » 03/20/06 06:55 AM

Originally posted by Theish:
Have you heard about David Blaines new stunt? :confused:
I'm sure we will have to hear about it often and then more when newbies ask for citations and methods to do it themselves.

How about just telling us when it's gonna be on TV and let's enjoy watching before discussing?

Postby Guest » 03/20/06 08:41 PM

Thank you and good for you Townsend.

Postby Mike Tyler » 04/01/06 10:40 PM

Heard Blaine was going to perform a marriage trick... you know, a magician marries a really hot woman...Tadaaaa! He's too late. I think the effect was performed by Copperfield who borrowed the original, and in my opinion much better effect from Michael Ammar! Kudo's to both men for giving us magicians hope! :)
Mike Tyler

Return to Reference Room