Does this trick already exist ?

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

Postby Guest » 05/05/06 11:06 AM

I have been doing a card effect for the last 20 years where I start with one printed card and 5 blanks. I then proceed to print one card at a time. Front first until I get 4 cards printed. I then print the back but all 5 cards are now all changed to another card.

I had seen a guy a while back, 20 years, who use to do a good Wild Card routine and some others similar.

I then tried my own version of his printing effect and came out with this.

Before I start selling it I would like to know if it looks like something already "out there" ...

Postby Guest » 05/05/06 11:36 AM

Originally posted by JC Stardust:

I had seen a guy a while back, 20 years, who use to do a good Wild Card routine and some others similar....I would like to know if it looks like something already "out there" ...
I got as far as a wildcard where four tabled cards change one at a time, both face and back to match a fifth "wild card". I showed it around in several variations going from antique to modern cards, from double blank to dupes, from advertising cards to dupes and from blue backed cards to red backed cards. Doug Edwards made the cards for me about twenty five years ago and they are still in good shape. Thanks Doug!

That said, I did not have a method to get a kicker change on the cards, so hats off to you on that one. :)

Return to Reference Room