Banachek's new book

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Postby Guest » 11/13/02 09:42 AM

Anyone have an opinion of Banachek's new book on Muscle Reading?

Postby Guest » 11/13/02 01:04 PM

Unless somebody here is truly psychic, nobody does yet. I just got off the phone with Banachek, and the book is not shipping yet. It should be within a few weeks, but right now it's still at the printer.

--Andy

Postby Guest » 11/13/02 01:46 PM

They're running ads for it in the new Steven's Emporium catalog

Postby Guest » 11/13/02 01:49 PM

Yes, it's being advertised, but it is not yet being shipped. As I said, I just got off the phone with Banachek less than an hour ago, and he said that he himself does not have a copy yet because they're still at the printer.

If a dealer, Stevens or otherwise, is claiming to have it in stock, they're lying. Dealers, however, are known to advertise products before they're available, I should point out--Denny is one of the few who refuses to do that.

--Andy

Postby Guest » 11/14/02 09:41 AM

The Stevens catalog has to go to the printers by a specific time and as such they will sometimes list effects, books and videos that they have on order but are not in yet. If they didn't do that, they would miss the release date with their catalog and by the time the next catalog came out, the buzz about those new products would have dies down already. Most dealers that issue regular catalogs like Stevens face the exact same problem.

However, if you were to order the book through a dealer like Stevens Magic, as soon as the book comes into their stock, they would ship it immediately to you. I pre-order many things that way and have never had a problem.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.stores.ebay.ca/abstagecraft

Postby Guest » 11/14/02 05:31 PM

I should clarify that I didn't mean to suggest that Stevens was claiming to have it in stock and was thusly lying; I am fully aware that many dealers have those deadline issues as a reason for advertising products before they're available.

I just meant to say that if they were saying they had it in stock, they were lying; not that the advertisement was in any way an indication of a lie.

Hope that makes more sense,
Andy

Return to Mentalism & Mental Magic