Corinda's magic square question

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Postby Guest » 02/02/06 05:17 PM

I am working my way through Corinda's book and am having trouble with the Magic Square. The standard process I understand. The problem for me is number that require "key squares".

Is there an error in Corinda's book regarding this step? The instructions do not seem correct, at least my squares don't work right :)

I suspect it is something very simple I am overlooking, overthinking or just plain missing.

Postby Guest » 02/17/06 03:53 AM

There is a "key" square missing - IIRC in the upper left corner.

Basically, there is a single key square per line and per column. Counting the lines top down the key squares are in the columns one, three, five, two, and four.

Also recalling from memory the maths is explained improperly. The starting number is the spectator's number minus 60. Divide the result by five and round it UP if there is a remainder. Substract the remainder when reaching a key column. Follow with the rest of the instructions (as to where to start, which order to pursue and how to move from one spot to the next) and you should be fine. :)

Postby Guest » 02/17/06 05:40 AM

You might want to simplify your life and look into something like the OMEGA PAD... depending on how you plan on doing the routine of course. With my feeble mind I need all the help I can get on this kind of thing.

Return to Mentalism & Mental Magic