Boon Gimmick by Eric Mason

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Postby Guest » 04/23/02 03:30 PM

Is there a better swami gimmick available ?
If not any tips on securely fixing the thing ?
Is superglue the only answer ?
Any great tips on its use, I have Eric Masons great little book ?
Thanks for any help.

Postby Guest » 04/26/02 06:23 AM

is anybody there ?

Postby Guest » 04/26/02 07:57 AM

I personally do not like using Boon writers and prefer a good undernail writer such as the ones produced by Johnson Products. I find they handle better and give me more legible writing. I carry 5 of them in my pocket at the same timeto avoid having to fish for one when I need it not to mention always having a back-up for emergencies.

Another alternative is the "Super Writer" by Koontz that is basically a boon writer inside of a soft, small thumb tip (barely covers the thumbs end so it is not as bothersome as a whole thumb tip) and it uses a thicker lead for "stage" sized writing.

I also like using a double writer as an alternative and in fact always carry it with me as it is a good back-up for anyone that suspects that you have "one of those finger pen things I saw on that masked magician show". They can burn your fingers all they want and you can still duplicate what you did with the NW.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat

http://www.mindguy.com

Postby Guest » 05/05/02 11:15 PM

Hello Paul,

Great advice- as usual. You're very knowledgeable and willing to share your expertise. Thankyou.

My question is: What is a double writer?

P.S. Thought I would let you know I've printed more of your posts on this fine forum than anyone else's posts. You're the best.

Postby Guest » 05/06/02 06:12 AM

Thanks for your kind words Steve. In answer to your question, a double writer is a writing implement, pen or pencil, that has another attached to it, usually hidden by your hand that when you write on one surface, it duplicates your writing upon another surface close-by.

There is one mentioned in Jinx and Ed Mellon had one described many years ago and then it fell by the way side for a very long time. Bill Tarr resurrected the idea with what he called the BT One, and then imporved upon it and called it the BT Two (which uses a pen) which is my favorite of the ones out there. it allows you to write in black ink (and the black pen is visible too) and yet to secretly write in red as well on another card, at the same time.

You can closely duplicate anything you can do with a nail writer but it is a great alternative when someone is burning your hands for a nail writer because they were watching the masked moron.

Gary Kurtz came out with what he called a ghost writer but I did not happen to like it as much as Bill Tarr's gimick.

Hope that explains it for you. If you want to know more, feel free to ask.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat

Originally posted by Steve Spicer:
Hello Paul,

Great advice- as usual. You're very knowledgeable and willing to share your expertise. Thankyou.

My question is: What is a double writer?

P.S. Thought I would let you know I've printed more of your posts on this fine forum than anyone else's posts. You're the best.

Postby Guest » 05/06/02 06:05 PM

Thankyou for your invitation Paul. I'm sure I will take you up on it in the future.

I was thinking a double writer was related to the Bill Tarr product you mention but couldn't remember the name of it. I remember seeing Bill's ads in the mag's about six or so years ago and was intrigued. Now, with your endorsement and the fact that you even use one is good enough for me.

Thanks, Paul, for taking the time to answer my question.

Write On,

Steve

P.S. Anyway we could start a Coffee Crisp or Ruffles trade-off... per chance?

Return to Mentalism & Mental Magic