Info on Chicago Medium named Belle Deutsch, 1940's

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Postby Guest » 10/06/02 03:43 PM

I am looking for information or anything written by or referring to a spirit medium named Belle Deutsch who lived and worked in the Chicago area back in the 30's, 40's and 50's.

She supposedly published a book of spirit photographs, and when not doing "honest" spirit medium work she also debunked crooked mediums.

This is not my area of expertise, so I'm throwing this out there on the mentalism forum, hoping someone might have heard of her.

Postby Guest » 10/07/02 02:59 PM

You might run that name and history across Lee Jacobs desk... he'd be one of the more likely individuals that would recognize something from that area and time frame... Lee Earle might have researched her during his time in Chi-town... last resort... check with Eugene Berger.

Have you done a web search... more specifically, with on-line resources like the Library of Congress or even Chicago historical societies and public libraries?

Best of luck! I'm doing similar research right now on one Mr. Roger P. Graham (a.k.a. Rog Phillips/Craig Browning) a Sci-Fi writer of the 40s & 50s...

Return to Mentalism & Mental Magic