"rare?" copy of Revelations

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Guest » 06/27/04 11:21 PM

I have Danny Dew's copy of Revelations. It is copy #2, signed by Vernon and Danny Dew; it also is inscribed "For a wonderful old friend Danny Dew with best wishes, Faucett W Ross, Nov 19, 1984 (my birthday)". I am wondering how much I should ask for it. Should I put it on E-bay? Should I just hang on to it? I am not getting any younger and am thinking about passing on some of my small collection. I also have a leather-bound complete collection of the original Jinx, which is from the library of Raven, originator of Invocation. Thanks for any advice.

Postby Guest » 06/27/04 11:29 PM

If I were selling it, I would do so on eBay, where even the regular editions (unnumbered, unsigned) seem to fetch about $100 currently. I would expect the deluxe (numbered, signed, with the Vernon photo by Frank Simon, nicer binding) to fetch about $300 without the association to Danny Dew and Ross. With those associations, my guess is that it might fetch $500 or more...
Good luck and please post a forum note when you decide what to do with it!

Postby Guest » 06/28/04 06:14 PM

Here's a recent eBay sale of the limited edition (300 copies) that sold in May for just over $200, so perhaps my previous estimates were optimistic!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
I'm guessing it would have fetched more is offered with a much lower starting price and no reserve and publicized on a forum such as this.

Return to Collector's Marketplace