Anyone have a copy of Hoffzinser's(sp?) Book?

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Guest » 11/24/01 03:16 PM

I am looking to obtain a copy of Hoffzinser's book and well as LePaul's. Does anyone out there have a copy of either of these?

Sorry about my horrible spelling.

Thank you.

Spydur

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: Spydur ]

Postby CHRIS » 11/24/01 10:13 PM

Spydur,

what Hofzinser book? The two available in english are "Hofzinser's Card Conjuring" and "Magic of J.N. Hofzinser".

Both are quite difficult to get second hand. "Hofzinser's Card Conjuring" was reprinted by Dover, but they seem to ran out of copies. There are some first editions available for $700 and $1000 a piece. Check http://www.bookfinder.com/

Richard Hatch from H&R http://www.magicbookshop.com/ has a copy of the "Magic of JN Hofzinser" for $60.

Or you could get our ebook version of "Hofzinser's Card Conjuring" for an increadible low $2.50 (add $3.50 for p&h and $10 for a custom CD - you can put many ebooks on one CD).

We will also soon have the "Magic of JN Hofzinser" available as ebook.

Chris.... Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
CHRIS

Postby Matthew Field » 11/25/01 08:50 AM

Just a brief aaddendum to Chris Wasshuber's post above. Richard Hatch's excellent and recommended "Magic of J.N. Hofzinser" is a valued part of my library, but it does not contain card effects.

Matt Field
Matthew Field

Postby Guest » 11/25/01 12:20 PM

Actually I was looking for the Dover version. $700 is a bit more than I can spend, However I hear that the book is well worth it. Does anyone have or know where I can get a Dover edition?

Thanks for your reply it was greatly appreciated.

ouT.
Spydur

Postby Rafael Benatar » 11/25/01 01:56 PM

The Dover version. Is that the Sharpe translation? That's a "free" translation and quite different from the Ottokar Fischer book. If you can read Spanish, I translated the Fischer book from the German into Spanish and Reinhard Mller wrote an introductory study. Magic Christian is finishing a large volume of Hofzinser's card magic (in German) with lots of new information an a tremendous amount of research.
Rafael Benatar

Return to Collector's Marketplace