Slydini Silks

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Guest » 11/18/02 09:21 PM

I attempted to make a set of silks for the classic Slydini silk routine. I got my parachute fabric, but it is still twice as heavy as two 'original' silks that I borrowed as a template to make my own. I've searched high and low for either ready made silks or the correct material to make my own. Anybody know where I can get a set?

-Mark Johnson
hobbymart@msn.com

Postby Gene B » 11/18/02 10:14 PM

Mark--You should call Andy @ John Greget--"Magic Lists"--Last time I saw him a couple months ago he had the Slydini Silks you are looking for.
He's in Scottsdale, AZ--602-404-3100.
Tell him I said hi!!
Gene Bisson
Gene B

Postby timbrown » 11/19/02 05:51 AM

I recently attended a lecture by Dick Barry and he performed a knotted silk routine. He sells a set of silks that are of top quality and perfect for the Slydini Silks. These can be found at his website

http://www.dickbarrymagic.com/cgi-bin/w ... reat+Magic

By the way - you should attend Dick's lecture if you get the chance. His "Clairvoyant Cassette" is really astounding and very easy to construct. I really like this kind of effect - it is clear, direct and easy to perform, thus permitting you to focus on presentation.
timbrown

Postby Matthew Field » 11/19/02 07:43 AM

I'd recommend Steve Draun's website for Slydini Silks, www.SteveDraun.com .
Matthew Field

Postby Mark Jensen » 11/22/02 04:23 PM

I have one or two sets of the 18" Slydini Silks left. These are the white silks with the red thread side markings exactly as Slydini used. They sell for $25 + shipping.

Let me know if you're interested.

PS: I also have The Annotated Magic of Slydini on sale for $49. ;)

Best,

Mark
That\'s Impossible Web Site
Mark Jensen

Postby Guest » 11/22/02 11:36 PM

Thanks for the offer, but I just received a set of italian silks from L&L. Now with a couple hours of practice I should be ready for the big show tomorrow morning <just kidding> I already have all the Slydini books, one of them signed by him.

Return to Collector's Marketplace