Selling my Magic Live Convention Registration

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Guest » 07/11/07 10:25 PM

I registered for Magic Live, but now can't attend. The convention is sold out, but my registration is tranferable. You can bid on it on Ebay.

PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

Here's the link: Ebay Web page

Cost of registration was in the $300 - $400 range, but bidding starts at less than $200.

Got questions? Email me after reading the auction page on ebay.

Danny Orleans
1728 W. Wellington Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
773 472 1357
danny@corporatemagicltd.com danny@corporatemagicltd.com

Postby Richard Kaufman » 07/12/07 07:54 AM

I didn't think registrations were transferable because there is a waiting list.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Guest » 07/12/07 09:19 AM

Yeah, they say if they can sell it for you, they'll refund your money...but I didn't think you could sell it, either.

Postby Guest » 07/12/07 10:05 AM

Thanks for the chance to get in my bid is posted, i'm 50 on the wait list. Scott B.

Postby Guest » 07/13/07 05:37 AM

Yes Richard, the folks at Magic Live said it absolutely could be transferred. Since everything is electronic, it's easy, quick and costs them nothing.
I have another confirming email from the registrar saying that I should supply them with the winner's name after the auction closes.

Everyone, please tell your friends.

Danny Orleans

Postby Richard Kaufman » 07/13/07 07:09 AM

I'm surprised by that because it screws the people who are on the waiting list and removes the democratic nature of selling the tickets. Now anyone who wants to make a few bucks can sell their ticket to MAGIC Live on eBay!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby JKeppel » 07/13/07 07:23 AM

I agree. If this allowed, next time the convention is run you'll have people buying more than one registration so they can scalp one of more tickets close to the event.
JKeppel

Postby Guest » 07/13/07 08:37 AM

Yes, it makes the waiting list somewhat pointless. Quite strange.

Postby Terry » 07/13/07 09:49 AM

Isn't Danny a reviewer for MAGIC? If so, he may have a special waiver to sell his ticket outright.

Re Ebay - what is the difference between a convention ticket and the IPhone? If someone wants it bad enough, they will pay whatever price it is. That is the glory of a free market society.

If you don't want to wait on the list, bid on Danny's ticket. Otherwise, take your place in line and quit whining.
Terry

Postby Guest » 07/13/07 10:20 AM

In an email I received from Magic Live in response to this question, they indicate that although they do not condone the selling of registrations on Ebay, they WILL transfer registrations this year only regardless.

They will do this because they didn't issue anything indicating that it wasn't allowed in their registration package.

I deleted a post above questioning whether the transfer of registrations was a safe undertaking for the buyer, a question now answered.

Postby Dustin Stinett » 07/13/07 12:42 PM

By Terry Terrell:
Isn't Danny a reviewer for MAGIC?
Danny is a trick reviewer for Genii.
Dustin Stinett

Return to Collector's Marketplace