Michael Walsh - Wingedsilver

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Postby Terry » 02/01/02 05:58 PM

Does anyone know this person? He goes by the name of wingedsilver on EBay. I sent him a bank check to pay for 3 items and have not heard from him. Called and left 2 voicemails. He lives in Margate City, NJ. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Terry

Postby Richard Kaufman » 02/01/02 08:52 PM

Terry,
Here's what I've done when someone has been tempted to screw me on eBay:
1) Send him an e-mail stating that if you don't hear from him within 24 hours, you will leave SCATHING feedback.
2) If you do hear back from him, state that you expect to receive either your money or the merchandise by fed-ex or you will leave EXTREMELY negative feedback.
3) When the time is up and you don't have either a response or your money or merchandise, leave very harsh feedback, using words like "fraud" and "crook." This usually gets a response.
4) Next contact eBay and attempt to use Safe Harbor (if you qualify) or Square Trade to resolve the issue.
These measures have ALWAYS worked for me.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Terry » 02/02/02 06:32 AM

Thanks Richard. I have left 2 voicemails and sent 1 email through EBay and 1 through my personal email. Don't understand it, I bought a book from him last year and everything went great. Really frustrating.

Thanks again for your suggestions.
Terry

Postby Brian Marks » 02/03/02 08:52 AM

i think ive done business with him and everything was fine. it was a while back though
Brian Marks

Return to General