Robert Orben

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Guest » 01/21/02 11:41 AM

Does anyone have any Robert Orben books they'd care to sell? I have a lot already, but he has a lot more. Mainly, but not exlusively, I am looking for his Complete Comedians Encyclopedia series. Which I believe compiled all or most of his trade books. Also looking for his "Current Comedy" newsletter. All this aside, what do you all think of Orben? Thanks.
Johnny

Postby Pete Biro » 01/21/02 10:51 PM

I still used lines from the original Orben books... his material works. You just need to know what and when.
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby Guest » 02/12/02 08:33 PM

NO ONE has Robert Orben books for sale or trade?! Please see my post above and help a brotha out. THANK YOU!

Postby Guest » 02/27/02 12:24 AM

Pete,
Tell us a few of the lines you like!
P.S. I'd really love a set of Orben's COMPLETE COMEDIAN'S ENCYCLOPEDIA, or any of the individual volumes! Someone? Anyone? Please!

Postby Guest » 02/28/02 08:16 AM

As much as I'd hate to give away my secret, I feel I must help a brother out....
Go to ABE.COM. Type in Robert Orben where it says "author" and you will get 10 pages of used book stores that have his book for sale. And at reasonable prices too. I just ordered one today after reading this post.
And, by the way, one of the stores is offering the whole 8 volume set for $100.00.
Good hunting.

Postby Bill Mullins » 02/28/02 01:07 PM

If you are a registered member of ebay,
Mario Carrandi has some for sale:
Item #1077392685

In fact, at any given time, there are often
some of his books on ebay.

Bill Mullins
Bill Mullins

Postby Guest » 03/01/02 08:01 PM

Thanks for the info TiJean! And everyone!

Postby Guest » 03/05/02 11:29 AM

No problem John. It's nice to be able to give something back after I have taken so much.
Thanks for turning me on to Robert Orben!

Return to Collector's Marketplace