As mentioned the other day, I have started going through some boxes and will be listing items for sale over the next few days.
Please note that the ONLY way a purchase may be made is by posting a notice in this thread. Make sure your e-mail address is in the post when you note which books you want. The prices are all firm, and reasonable. Exact cost of postage will be added to the total, and only credit cards will be accepted.
Thanks for looking!
Here's the first lot:
1) Abstract (RK lecture notes), 1984. Second printing. 24 pages, six card items that have never been reprinted elsewhere. $15 each.
2) The Interlocked Production of Coins, 1977. My first book, never reprinted. 29 pages, comb bound. 3 copies. $25 each.
3) After Craft DELUXE edition by Hartman. This particular copy has no tip in page and so is neither signed nor numbered. It is, however, bound in red leather and comes in a slipcase covered in black cloth. 3 copies. $35
4) Walt Disney's The Socrerer's Apprentice Storybook and Magic Tricks, 1993. Published by Disney Press, this is a full color storybook, hardcover with dustjacket, of 62 pages. The first 15 pages are the story, the balance was written by Friedhoffer and illustrated by me with lots of good tricks for beginners. 3 copies. $35 each.
5) A Tarbell Scrapbook, 1993 by RK. I published this 80-page oversize comb bound book (with an additional 16 pages of full color) in a limited edition of 100 copies (all signed and numbered) to compliment the appearance of Tarbell 8. This book contains loads of extremely rare Harlan Tarbell material not reprinted anywhere else. 4 copies. $75 each. (Original price was $50, and except for these four copies, it sold out with a few weeks when originally sold 10 years ago.)
6) The Gene Maze Card Book, 1980. Softover, 6x9, 93 pages. Never reprinted. 4 copies. $35 each.
7) From Witchcraft to Card Tricks, Stephen Minch, 1991. Softcover. 30 pages. Never reprinted. A Hermetic Press publication ltd. to 500 copies, this is one of the most satisfying books I've ever read about the history of close-up magic. Traces many things back to their original publication. Can't recall why I have them! 12 copies. $20 each.
8) A file of the first year of Apocalypse missing issue 12. Original printing on good paper. 1 copy. $20.
9) Charles Bertram The Court Conjuror by Eddie Dawes, DELUXE Edition in slipcase, leather binding and slipcase, number 4 ltd. to 50, color plate, 358 pages. 1 copy. $65
10) Williamson's Wonders in FRENCH. Published by Mayette. Hardcover. 1 copy $20
11) Arcade Dreams by Jon Racherbaumer. Marlo's non-card tricks. Hardcover. 2 copies $30 each
12) New Magic of Japan 1988 by Kaufman and Goldstein. Hardcover with dj. 124 pages of superb magic. 1 copy. $25
13) Cardshark by Darwin Ortiz, Deluxe Edition, leather bound in a slipcase, No.3 of 50, signed by Ortiz. 1 copy. $100
14) Cardshark by Darwin Ortiz, Deluxe Edition, leather bound in a slipcase, NOT numbered, ltd. to 50, signed by Ortiz. 4 copies. $65 each. (Usually you end up with a few extra copies when you do any sort of printing, and in this case I ended up with four extra copies of the Deluxe edition, which explains why there is no number on the tip-in page, even though they have been signed.)
15) Strong Magic by Darwin Ortiz. I gather there's no reason to describe this item. 8 copies, various printings. $40 each. (This is the original retail price.) PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BOOK WILL BE REPRINTED BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR!
16) Notes to Houdini!!!! by Kenneth Silverman. First edition of 500 copies, never reprinted. Scholarly accessory to biography "Houdini!!!" and sold out since just after publication. 2 copies. $75 each.
17) Stanyon's MAGIC, 3 volumes in a slipcase with a fully-cross referenced index. 1 copy. $125 (50% off the original price because of a slight ding to the slipcase).
18) David Roth's Expert Coin Magic. Original first editions, cloth bound exteriors, red foil stamped, in original slipcases (also red foil stamped). Pristine condition. 6 copies. $75 each.
19) Card Craft. J.K. Hartman. First edition, still shrink wrapped. Slight ding to one corner. 1 copy. $100
20) CoinMagic. Second edition, 1982, Burgundy dustjacket and cloth. DJ has white and silver lettering. Red end sheets. Slight scuffing to lamination on front of dustjackets. 2 copies. $50 each.
21) Mahatma. Two huge volumes in a huge damn slipcase, fully cross referenced. Long out of print, ltd to 300 or 400 copies (who can remember--this one is shrink wrapped). 2 copies. $200 each ($50 less than the original retail price).
22) Paul Gertner's Steel and Silver. 2 copies of the second printing. $45 each (original price). 1
23) Paul Gertner's Steel and Silver. DELUXE edition, ltd. to 50, this is number 3, signed by Gertner and me. $125.
24) Second Now You See It, Now You Don't! Bill Tarr and Barry Ross. Softcover. 1 copy. $10.
25) Houdini's Conjurors Monthly. My reprint, ltd to 300 copies (or 400--these are shrinkwrapped). Two volumes in a slipcase (and heavy!). 2 copies. $200 each ($50 less than original price).
26) GREATER MAGIC. My reprint, with 400 pages more than the original. Shrinkwrapped and pristine. 2 copies. $100 each.
27) GREATER MAGIC EXPURGATED EDITION. As Carl Jones did, I printed 50 copies of my edition which are entirely blank except for the first signature. Has a special tip-in page regarding this which is signed by me. These were not sold, but made to be given as gifts. Found one in the boxes! $200
28) Aftercraft DELUXE edition, signed by J.K.Hartman and number 3, leather bound in slipcase. 1 copy. $45
29) Magic of Edward Victor's Hands by Rae Hammond. One of my favorite books of those I've published. These are the deluxe editions, signed by Hammond (now deceased), however not numbered. Leather bound in leather covered slipcase. 2 copies. $50 each.
30) Aftercraft by Hartman. Regular edition. 1 copy. $20
31) Much Ado about Something by Karrell Fox. 8 copies. $10 each
32) Williamson's Wonders. First edition with dustjacket. 3 copies. $30 each
33) Williamson's Wonders. IN GERMAN. This would make a nice match to the French copy nobody's bought! 1 copy. $20
34) CoinMagic. Later printing with printed cover. 2 copies. $40 each.
35) The Magic of the Hands Trilogy by Edward Victor. Three of the greatest books published in our field--among Vernon's favorites. This is my reprint of all three in hardcover. 4 copies. $20 each.
36) The Magic of the Hands Trilogy DELUXE edition. Same as above but leather bound in leather covered slipcase. 4 copies. $40 each (half of original price)
37) SEANCE by Scott Davis. Long out of print and highly sought-after. Original printing of 1000 copies. Last ones. 5 copies. $50 each.
38) Complete Works of Derek Dingle. Later printing with dustjacket. Shrink wrapped. 1 copy. $35
39) Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table DELUXE edition. Cloth bound in slipcase, ltd. to 50 and long sold out. This copy is number 2 and signed by Ortiz. $75
40) IBIDEM 1. Shrink wrapped. 1 copy. $35
41) IBIDEM 1 DELUXE EDITION. Ltd. to 50, long sold out, with hand-colored tip in number page by Pat Lyons and other supplements. This is copy number 3, leather bound with leather covered slipcase. 1 copy. $55
42) Secrets of Brother John Hamman. Later printing. 2 copies. $30 each
43) The Performance of Close-Up Magic by Eugene Burger. Later printing. 3 copies. $25 each
44) Folding Money Fooling by Bob Neale. Second printing. 2 copies. $20 each.
45) Folding Money Fooling DELUXE Edition. Long sold out. Leather bound, leather covered slipcase, signed by author Bob Neale, with hand-folded origami dollar bill tipped in. Not numbered. 2 copies. $50 each
46) Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table. Two copies with dustjackets, three copies with printed covers. All same price: $25 each
47) CardMagic. My first large book. As originally published in 1979 in softcover. Almost 200 pages, over 700 drawings. 5 copies. $25 each.
48) Gary Kurtz: Unexplainable Acts. Second printing with printed cover. 2 copies. $20 each
49) Williamson's Wonders. Later printing, printed covers. 4 copies. $20 each.
50) Richard's Almanac, Volume One. This is a hardcover book of ONLY the first volume of the Almanac, with a green dustjacket. I did not print separate volumes for 2 and 3, but did the Collected Almanac with all three volumes. 3 copies. $10 each.
51) Swami/Mantra by Sam Dalal. Two long out of print magazines from India in a one volume reprint I did a few years ago. Dustjacket. 1 copy. $35
52) The Greater Artful Dodges of Eddie Fields by Racherbaumer. 1 copy. $25
52) Mastering the Art of Magic by Eugene Burger. Second printing with dustjacket. 3 copies. $35 each.
53) Sankey Panky. Second edition with dustjacket. 3 copies. $25 each.
54)100% Sankey. First printing with DJ. 1 copy. $20
55) David Roth's Expert Coin Magic. Later printing with printed covers. 3 copies. $40 each
56) Smoke and Mirrors by John Bannon. First Printing with purple cover. 1 copy. $30
57) The Feints and Temps of Harry Riser DELUXE Edition. Leather bound, in leather covered slipcase. Signed by Riser and author Ed Brown. This is number 3 of 50. 1 copy. $50
58) Greater Artful Dodges of Eddie Fields DELUXE editions. Please read the following carefully:
3 copies, leather bound, NO slipcases, NOT numbered, signed by Racherbaumer and Eddie Fields (deceased). These are $35 each.
3 copies, leather bound, WITH leather covered slipcases, NOT numbered, signed by Racherbaumer and Eddie Fields (deceased). These are $45 each (half of original price).
59) Duffie's Card Compulsions. Original edition. With dustjacket. 7 copies. $25 each.
60) Duffie's Card Compulsions DELUXE editions. Please note: NO slipcases. Leather bound, signed by duffie, NOT numbered. 4 copies. $35 each (half of original price).
61) GREATER MAGIC. Two copies, regular edition. $75 each.
62) GREATER MAGIC. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. As Carl Jones did, I prepared 10 special copies of Greater Magic as Publisher's Presentation copies. These are unique in form from all other editions I published. Unlike the Deluxe edition, which was in two separate volumes, bound in black leather, and in a red slipcase, these Presentation copies are bound in brown leather in a single volume in a brown slipcase. Each contains a tip-in page stating that it is an edition of 10 and my signature. 2 copies. $500 each.
63) GAFFED TO THE HILT. Original edition, ltd. to 125 copies. This is copy number two of the original edition in a custom made binder with all the handmade gaffed cards tipped to the pages, printed on red paper. Pristine condition. 1 copy. $500
64) Gaffed to the Hilt. Reprint. No gaffed cards. Edition of 1000 copies. Slightly scuffed dust jacket. 1 copy. $40
65) Magic Tricks, Science Facts AND More Magic Tricks, Science Facts. A set of two books, hardcover with dustjackets, first editions, written by Bob Friedhoffer and published by Franklin Watts in 1990. I did the drawings. 1 set (two books). $20
66) More Magic Tricks, Science Facts. As above, but only the second book. 1 copy. $10
67) Scientific Magic Series, a complete set of six hardcover volumes with dustjackets written by Bob Friedhoffer. I did the drawings. 1 set(six books) $35.
68) Same as 67, but missing one of the volumes. $20
69) GREATER MAGIC. EXPURGATED EDITION. As Carl Jones did, I printed 50 copies of my edition which are entirely blank except for the first signature. Has a special tip-in page regarding this which is signed by me. These were not sold, but made to be given as gifts. Found a second one. $200
70) GREATER MAGIC. Regular edition. A defective copy. Several dozen pages in the middle are blank on one side, and there are a few pen marks on the edges of the pages. 1 defective copy. $35
71) New Magic of Japan 1988 by Kaufman and Goldstein. Hardcover with dj. 124 pages of superb magic. 1 copy. $30
72) Strange Ceremonies by Eugene Burger. Later printing, printed cover. 1 copy. $20
73) Richard's Almanac. Complete files of the original newsletter, all three years, as originally issued. 2 copies. $50 each.