Goldston's Locked Books

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Jon Elion » 05/16/02 05:16 AM

I recently had the good fortune to purchase a set of three of Goldston's "Locked Books" in very good condition (thanks Pete!). They are: "Exclusive Magical Secrets", "More Exclusive Magical Secrets", and "Further Exclusive Magical Secrets". They leatherbound, and are very literally "locked books", requiring a key to unlatch them to open and read them. Since Goldston was such a prolific writer and publisher, and I am having trouble verifying whether or not I now have the complete set of his "Locked Books". Can anyone enlighten me further on this? Are there more volumes in this set?

-Jon Elion
Jon Elion

Postby Pete Biro » 05/16/02 09:26 AM

You got 'em all Bwana... Goldston wrote and/or published other books, of course, but none had the locks and bagels... 'er keys.

Collector's Workshop published the trilogy, but in a different shape, with locks as well.

There was a fourth book in the series, but no lock. (I can't recall if I sold it or still have it or gave it to Byron Walker on consignment--I think the latter). Am not at home to check my library shelves.

I have about 20-30 other Goldston books if you are interested let me know.
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Return to Collector's Marketplace