Bicycle sheet un-cut! Is this rare?

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby MaxNY » 07/25/02 02:20 PM

The printer down the street has two sheets of Bicycle cards... uncut. I can't remember exactly what he called them. One has red backs, one blue. I'm not too sure if he is interested in selling, he is not a card guy. just a printer. He seems to think that these were really rare, I said I might be able to sell them if he wanted. He is going to give me a week to think about it. They do have very slights cuts, in three or four places, but he shrugged this off as...??
Has anybody ever seen anything like this before? Anybody out there interested? My cut 25%. I also will add that he tacked them up to the wall, so they are not perfect.
MaxNY

Postby Scott » 07/25/02 05:28 PM

I've seen them for sale somewhere, in mass quantities. Can't recall where, but I do remember seeing them within the last 6 months on some web site.
Scott

Postby Guest » 07/25/02 05:32 PM

You can find these on ebay all the time. They (U.S. Playing Card Co.) used to advertise 'em on the "ad cards" in the deck for about $8. They sell on ebay for around $12. I have one framed in the magic studio. I put it in a uniframe (just glass with edge clips and a matte) and it looks great...I've had it about 10 years now.

Steve Thomas

Postby Guest » 07/25/02 06:22 PM

Now, if US Playing Cards could cut one of those sheets into a deck with straight, symmetrical borders...that would be truly rare!

Postby Pete Biro » 07/25/02 09:23 PM

Ralph: You with the Biro award for one funny message... love it... heheheheh :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby Matthew Field » 07/26/02 06:30 AM

Max -- as you can tell from the postings above, uncut Bicycle sheets are not rare. I've got 2 myself, one framed and the other -- well I figured I'd make up some long cards, which I may, some day. I also wanted to try a "mismade" card (a la mismade bill).

I bought them, I think, from Lee Jacobs.

Matt Field
Matthew Field

Postby Brad A._dup1 » 07/27/02 12:31 AM

I purchased my sheet directly from the US Playing Card Company.

I wrote a letter to the address on the Ace of Spades requesting information to order a "sheet of uncut playing cards." They sent back an order form....

Don't forget a self addressed stamped envelope.
-brad

Return to Collector's Marketplace