Neo-Magic Artistry and Art & Magic

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Guest » 08/18/07 04:44 AM

Postby Ruben Padilla » 08/18/07 03:00 PM

Chunglingwhoo, forgive my trepidation, but is anybody out there a bit leery of bidding on this?

With zero previous sales on Ebay, and only one post here on the forum, and the location listed as China, and BOTH books being offered, I can't imagine any more red flags on this, other than claiming it's personally signed by Sharpe!

I hope I'm wrong...
Visit www.MagiciansOnly.com for exclusive book, trick, DVD, & convention reviews!
Ruben Padilla

Postby Guest » 08/18/07 03:54 PM

3. Absolutely NO Commentary regarding the listings is allowed and such posts will be deleted. Legitimate questions to the seller are acceptable.

At least I know how to follow rules! That must say SOMETHING about MY character!

But seriously. If anybody has any questions please e-mail me.

Postby Guest » 08/22/07 02:07 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Neo-Magic-Artistry- ... dZViewItem

Not much time left. I think Ruben's post may have scared some of you away. If you are interested but having second thoughts, thanks to Ruben, please e-mail me. I will be happy to assist you.

Good Luck!

Postby James Kernen » 08/25/07 10:16 AM

I received the books from the above auction today.... exactly as described..

If this seller lists anymore books, I highly recommend him

James
James Kernen

Postby Ruben Padilla » 08/26/07 10:25 PM

ChungLingWhoo, I'm really sorry. My concern was only for my fellow magicians here on the site. I've been a member for a while (#308) and I was wrong (as I hoped I was).

I'm happy that James received both items exactly as described. Please accept my heartfelt apology.

Ruben Padilla
Visit www.MagiciansOnly.com for exclusive book, trick, DVD, & convention reviews!
Ruben Padilla

Postby Richard Kaufman » 08/27/07 08:26 AM

Ruben, you have nothing to apologize for. Your red flag was entirely appropriate.

The seller is incorrect. Our policy about no commentary involves ONLY items sold here, not items sold on eBay.

We ENCOURAGE commentary about items being sold on eBay, since a lot of people get ripped off there.

Yes, no feedback, new seller, product in China--all of those are details that would have prevented me from bidding!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby James Kernen » 08/27/07 08:38 AM

The item was not listed or located from China... The user was listed in the US and the item was listed as being from Chicago. Only their Genii profile referenced China

Also, the buyer's auciton was protected by paypal for upto $200 per the auction listing.
James Kernen

Postby Richard Kaufman » 08/27/07 09:50 AM

If the Genii profile referenced China and that was bogus, then that's a double red flag.
Richard Kaufman

Postby Ruben Padilla » 08/27/07 10:28 AM

James, the item on Ebay was actually listed as being in China. After my initial post, ChungLinoWhoo changed it to Chicago.

Richard, thanks for your defense.
Ruben Padilla

Postby James Kernen » 08/27/07 12:17 PM

From my posts above, I was not attacking anyone. I was merely providing information and perspective from my experience.

The user was (originally) and still is registered in the US and went through the trouble of getting paypal-ed verified to a US address. This reduces the risk of loss a great deal in ebay transacations. Coupled with using a credit card, a buyer could be protected if something would have gone wrong....

The "location" of item on ebay is somewhat of a free form item (like it is here on the forum).....

I definitely appreciate people looking out for each other, but I also wanted to circle back to show this transaction had a somewhat happy ending and to give credit to the seller....

James
James Kernen

Postby Guest » 08/30/07 09:16 PM

No big deal. I just find it funny that if I had posted under the name John Roberts and said that my address was Olney, IL. You would not have thought there to be a problem. Yet all of that info IS bogus...you magicians...funny when it comes to really being deceived...I like that. James was a great customer. I recommend him highly! How do I know Ruben is who he says he is? And does it matter? Not really.

Postby Richard Kaufman » 08/30/07 09:54 PM

Goodbye Chung--your attitude doesn't suit this Forum.
Richard Kaufman

Return to Collector's Marketplace