Evil Golfers and The Magic They Expose

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Postby Steve V » 10/05/03 11:16 PM

I ran into a fellow I know that I've not seen for some times. He proudly informed me he learned a magic trick and went on to describe a version of Triumph along with some things like the slop shuffle. I asked where he learned it and he said from a golf video! Some golfer did the card trick to show that things are not how they seem and then proceded to show how he did the trick. I want to know which of you it was that did this and why...I demand answers!
Steve V
Steve V
Steve V

Postby Charlie Chang » 10/05/03 11:48 PM

I saw a late night golf infomercial where a guy performed the same triumph you saw, Steve. It was extremely sloppy...

Well, now you know where they are advertising that video!
Charlie Chang

Postby Chris Bailey » 10/10/03 11:56 AM

That's too bad. I was listening to a noon talk radio show here in Southern California. They 3 DJs were talking about Blaine's levitation (Balducci) and how incredibly amazing it was. So a guy calls in and says "Yeah...I know that trick I completely blow people away with it all the time. You just raise up on your toes of one foot and keep the other straight."
The DJs then all went "oh...."
You could tell they were thinking "How lame."
Yet just an instant before they were AMAZED. I honestly can't imagine why some dork would feel the need to expose that to hundreds of thousands of radio listeners like that.
Chris Bailey

Postby Bob L » 10/10/03 01:48 PM

I honestly can't imagine why some dork would feel the need to expose that to hundreds of thousands of radio listeners like that.
Because he got a dork's satisfaction out of knowing that thousands of radio listeners heard him. He probably read about it on some Internet site where all wannabe-magical dorks steal their secrets.

Sigh . . .
Bob L

Return to General