"Hugard" by James Alfredson

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Guest » 11/25/03 09:27 AM

Can anyone provide any information about this book? I came across a reference to it recently and was wondering what it was about. Is it strictly a biography, or does it also talk about the stories behind Hugard's books? The name Hugard crops up constantly, but I don't really know a lot about him apart from what he wrote and translated.

Postby Guest » 11/25/03 11:51 AM

Yes, it is a bio and includes stories behind his works.
Jim's excellent book was published by, and might still be obtained from" (David)MEYER BOOKS, of Glenwood, Ill.

Postby Michael Edwards » 11/25/03 07:25 PM

Edwin:

As Diego notes, Jim Alfredson's Jean Hugard (David Meyer Magic Books, Glenwood, Illinois, 1997, 72 pages) is indeed a biography of this wonderful performer, writer and teacher of magic. In addition to the biographical information, the book includes a very helpful checklist of Hugard's many, many publications. If you are interested in the man and his work, you will not find a better source.
Michael Edwards

Postby Guest » 11/26/03 12:29 AM

Thanks for the information. It sounds like an interesting book, and one which might be joining my collection soon...

Postby Guest » 12/03/03 02:29 PM

H&R Magic has a copy if you're still looking.

Postby Guest » 12/04/03 01:02 AM

Thanks for the pointer. I'll probably get if from Magic Books by Post as they have a couple of other things I can order at the same time.

Return to Collector's Marketplace