Bob Read - Thanks To Pepys - Rare Book

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Paul Gordon » 12/24/05 04:22 AM

If interested in this RARE book (it looks like my original, but may be a copy - not sure; but was purchased [by previous owner] from Bob Read AND signed by him), just ask.

Looking for at least 100 ($200) plus postage.

Email: info@paulgordon.net

Paul Gordon
Secure Online Magic Shop: http://www.paulgordon.net/shop.html
Paul Gordon

Postby NCMarsh » 12/24/05 07:45 AM

I may be unaware of what other copies are going for, but this seems exhorbitant. I purchased a copy of the "Penultimate Cups and Balls," signed by Bob Read, from Richard Hatch for $20 in the week after Mr. Read's untimely passing. "Transpo Tumbler," also a fairly rare Read title, ran me $5.

Best,

N.
IllusionArtistry.com
OrlandoCorporateMagician.com Orlando Magician
NCMarsh

Postby Kurt Ruckman » 12/24/05 08:05 AM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought commentary about prices etc. was not allowed on this forum. Let the readers judge for themselves!
Kurt Ruckman

Postby Richard Kaufman » 12/24/05 08:45 AM

Kurt, you are correct. The only exception to this rule has been when someone tries to rob readers of the Forum. That is exactly what Paul Gordon is trying to do. Selling something that is legitimately worth one-tenth of the asking price is, in my opinion, a form of robbery. Readers should be alerted.
Dustin and I cannot read every post. So, if something like this happens again, we appreciate being alerted so we can contact the seller or delete the thread.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Return to Collector's Marketplace