IMPOSTER ALERT!

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Postby Richard Kaufman » 06/26/02 07:11 AM

Forum Members, today something has happened that is quite unnerving to me. Early this morning an unidentified person registered on the Genii Forum under my name and made a provocative post.
I assure you that it was not me.
Eagle-eyed forum members should have been able to spot it right away: even though it was my name, it did not say "Chief Genii" under it and the membership number was 1342. Anything I say will always be under member 3. Also, the number of posts by this imposter was only listed as 3 at the bottom of the message. Everyone knows I'm much more talkative than that!
This is not the first time someone has attempted to join the forum by posing as a well-known person in our community. Some of you might have noticed that "David Blaine" registered for the Forum last week. It was an imposter and he was promptly deleted. Someone else registered as "David Copperfield" a while back--he got the boot as well.
Please keep your eyes and years open and report stuff like this to us immediately.
Many thanks for your continued support of the Genii Forum.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine
Richard Kaufman

Postby Pete Biro » 06/26/02 07:41 AM

I don't know who was posting as me... but some of the posts were not very funny... couldn't have been me! :D :mad: :D
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby Matthew Field » 06/26/02 09:07 AM

Originally posted by Pete Biro:
I don't know who was posting as me... but some of the posts were not very funny... couldn't have been me! :D :mad: :D
Gee -- 2 lines from Biro? This must be from the imposter.

Matt Field
Matthew Field

Postby Guest » 06/26/02 09:55 PM

Neither line was funny though so it obviously WAS Biro! ;)

Postby Ben Harris » 06/26/02 11:35 PM

ha!
Creator of the famous "Floating Match On Card" illusion.
WOWBOUND.COM - INSTANT DOWNLOADS
Ben Harris

Return to General