"M" Rings

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Postby Guest » 03/16/06 05:14 PM

Does anyone have a source for the old magician's rings. You can see one on Darwin's hand in "At The Card Table".
Or maybe someone has one laying around that I can get resized/replated. Thanks!

Ben S

Postby Guest » 03/16/06 05:44 PM

Ben,
I believe I have 2 at home. Give me a description or where I can see a picture and will confirm..
Rennie

Postby George Olson » 03/16/06 11:08 PM

Try Bob James in Chicago:

Ladies Magician Ring

Quantity in Basket:none
Price:$250.00

Quantity:
George Olson

Postby Guest » 03/17/06 07:49 AM

Originally posted by George Olson:

Quantity in Basket:none
Price:$250.00

Hi George,
Really I am just curious, what does this mean?
Rennie

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » 03/17/06 08:05 AM

I'm guessing it means he copied and pasted it from here: Ladies\' Magician Ring

The original poster would likely be more interested in the Men's version of the ring, though (which costs $100 more): Men\'s Magician Ring

-Jim
Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby George Olson » 03/17/06 11:58 AM

Yep, that's what I did. I had hoped that he could go to the James Web-Site and see for himself.

I had a friend who bought one and had a diamond set in it for a wedding ring. After a couple of years, his wife left him for a woman! Being cold, I asked if he wanted to sell it! :eek: No deal...

J.G. Thompson in a couple of pictures in The Miracale Makers has one with a skull mounted.

GO
George Olson

Postby Guest » 03/17/06 02:57 PM

Hey Benny Boy!!!
I picked up a nice M ring in Vegas from Gay Blackstone. She recently got into the jewelery business. Along with M rings, they're making rings with dice and playing cards and other "magicy" things on them. The price was right and it's beautiful. Not sure if they have a website, but you can probably get in touch with her through someone at the Castle. Drop me an email Ben, magicpepka@comcast.net

Postby Guest » 03/18/06 05:24 PM

Thanks for all the responses! Joe Steven's told me about Gay Blackstone, I just couldn't get hold of her.

I checked out the James site, and that's exactly what I was looking for.

Pepka: I'll email you tonite!

Ben S

Postby Guest » 03/18/06 07:59 PM

I bought a ring from Gay Blackstone at the World Magic Seminar. Here's the web page for the jewelry: www.magicaljewelersbjw.com. :cool:

Postby Guest » 03/19/06 05:44 AM

I don't think this website works...

Postby Guest » 03/19/06 07:10 AM

Postby Guest » 03/19/06 09:32 AM

I bought one from a guy (sorry, can't remember his entire name) named "Dicky...something" in Texas. He's apparently a hairdresser, jeweler and magician. GREAT sterling silver ring, too! I wear it all the time. They're handmade.

Steve Thomas

Postby Guest » 03/19/06 06:23 PM

Originally posted by Steve Thomas:
I bought one from a guy (sorry, can't remember his entire name) named "Dicky...something" in Texas. He's apparently a hairdresser, jeweler and magician. GREAT sterling silver ring, too! I wear it all the time. They're handmade.

Steve Thomas
I think you're referring to Dickie Bennett. He makes great wands, too. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a valid email address for him...

Postby Guest » 03/20/06 10:42 AM

That's HIM! Great rings...I seem to remember something on the site about wands, too. A google search doesn't turn up anything?

Steve

Postby Guest » 03/20/06 11:39 AM

Originally posted by Steve Thomas:
That's HIM! Great rings...I seem to remember something on the site about wands, too. A google search doesn't turn up anything?

Steve
Bennett moved to Georgetown, Texas, and has a hair salon there. There's an email address and phone number on the salon page.

Return to Collector's Marketplace