Laurant: Man of Many Mysteries

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Postby gfajuri » 01/03/05 03:42 PM

Hello All,

Yes, this is a repeat of a post from last week, but since no one responded, I thought I'd see if anyone in this section of the Forum could be of assistance.

In an effort to bring my research into the life of Eugene Laurant to a close, I am posting a quick note here asking for help. I've gathered a complete picture of his life thus far, however, odd facts and interesting sidelights always come out AFTER a project is published. I'd like to keep the "hey, did you know about such and so" comments to a minimum, post-publication.

As such, if anyone reading the Forum has Laurant stories, photos, letters, or ephemera in their collection, please contact me asap. I am finishing up my biography (based on his scrapbooks, which I've been fortunate to have as resources) on "The Man of Many Mysteries" as I type this, and don't want to leave anything out.

The book will be available in mid-April. But for those who can't wait, check out "The Magic Hat," which RK was kind enough to mention in his most recent Genii Speaks column. Copies are available at www.squashpublications.com

Happy New Year!

Gabe Fajuri
gfajuri

Return to Magic History and Anecdotes