When was the Mind Power Deck published?

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Postby Guest » 07/04/02 10:59 PM

The topic is pretty much self-explanatory : when was the Mind Power Deck published?

I know that nor the effect or the method per se are new, but I'd like to know when Kennedy published them (since it doesn't appear in the explanation sheet :-/ )

Once again, thanks for your help.

Postby Guest » 07/05/02 05:40 AM

Julien,
I am not sure when the trick was created however,You can reach John via e-mail at info@johnkennedymagic.com
Magically,
Basil Smith

Postby Bob Farmer » 07/31/02 11:18 AM

The Mind Power Deck (MPD) is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist and creates two new problems all by itself.

First, as Tim Conover has demonstrated for a long time, no one ever notices a banked deck (i.e., a deck made up of the same 5 or 10 cards repeated over and over) when it is fanned in front of them. The MPD assumes this is a problem and shows a regular deck at one end and abnked deck at the other.

Second, the MPD crestes two new problems: it looks like no deck on earth, and the bank and query procedure it uses are primitive.

For example, since most people think of a high card when given a choice, shouldn't the high cards be nailable with fewer questions than the lower cards? I think so.

Years before MPD came out, I published a detailed analysis of all this along with several tricks, in a manuscript called "Tsunami." (they all use a regular deck).
Bob Farmer

Return to Magic History and Anecdotes