Tony Shelly

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Postby Dale Shrimpton » 05/17/04 01:04 AM

Hi. I have just read this on Magic bunny.......
A tragic loss to magic.......

Dale

By Bryan Atherton

It is with great regret and personal sorrow that I have to inform friends in magic that Tony Shelley passed peacefully away at about 6.00pm on Sunday evening, 16th May 2004 in Redditch Hospital.
He had been taken there on Friday evening after suffering a massive brain haemorrhage whilst performing at a magical show in Alcester with fellow members of the British Magical Society.

Tony started his magical career by joining the Wolverhampton Circle of Magicians in October 1955 and was their longest serving Member having been President in 1961.

He was the current President of The British Magical Society in their Centenary Year and was also the Honorary Secretary of the British Ring No. 25 of the International Brotherhood of Magicians. He had been one of only three Britains to have been the International President of the I.B.M. in 1989/90. He was very well respected throughout the world of magic and will be missed by his many friends.

We send our most sincere condolences to his very close friend and colleague Boon Oh, and to his children, Mark and Victoria.

Details of the funeral arrangements will be given through this medium when known.

Please remember Tony in your thoughts and prayers this night.

With great sadness - Bryan Atherton
Dale Shrimpton

Return to Magic History and Anecdotes