The Gospel of Denny

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Postby Guest » 04/26/07 06:34 AM

As most of you know, a visit to Denny and Lee's is a unique experience. After you get over the unique "atmosphere" of smoke and pig, you realize you are seeing something special: someone who cares deeply about magic and its history. At least that's how I came to know Denny Haney.

Sometimes you get to hear the "Denny Rant" on some topic. Sometimes its a story about one of the legends of magic. You never know.

My best experience (aside from taking home many old books over the years, permeated with the aroma of smoke) is having the opportunity to discuss the history of magic and talk about magicians like Channing Pollock and John Calvert.

I also realized not everyone has had a chance to visit Denny and talk about the history of magic, so I thought I'd bring Denny and his stories to you.

While I love reading magic history and biographies, there is just something unique about listening to a first hand story, being able to hear the passion and emotion bring that history to life. So...

Pepka and I spent an afternoon with Denny at his shop this weekend to record an interview with him for our podcast on magic history. After hooking up the mics and hitting record, we spent the next hour talking with him about many topics.

Our interview with Denny is available for anyone who wants to download the mp3. Here's the link:

http://www.reelsinmotion.tv/magiclantern009

Let me know what you think. Or even better, feel free to share some stories of your own.

Scott

Postby Joe Pecore » 04/26/07 06:59 AM

Awesome!
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.
Joe Pecore

Postby Guest » 04/26/07 07:31 AM

Denny rocks!

He's my kind of guy.

Watching his multiplying bottles on video while he stands by with a running commentary is one of the best educations in magic, even if you don't do multiplying bottles.

And his thoughts on straight jacket escapes are genius.

P&L
D

Postby Guest » 04/26/07 11:14 AM

Real wisdom based upon real experience. A true love for magic and entertaining. And an honest willingness to share that wisdom, experience and love of the art with anyone who is serious about learning. And snout marks on your pant legs. That is what Denny offers, and those who seek to hone their craft are lucky to have someone like that around.

Postby Guest » 05/03/07 10:56 AM

Just a quick notice. Part 2 is online!

http://www.reelsinmotion.tv/magiclantern010

Thanks for all the comments. Enjoy!

Scott

Return to Magic History and Anecdotes