New Book - The Mechanics of Marvels - Prepublication offer

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Postby Guest » 01/17/06 11:21 AM

Dear Forum Readers,

My new book THE MECHANICS OF MARVELS is scheduled for release in April 2006 and I would like to let you know about a pre-publication offer.

In 1928 James C. Wobensmith published his seminal work MAGIC PATENTS A Classified List of United States Patents Relating to Magic, Illusions, and Allied Subjects. It was done as a limited edition of 100 copies and sold for $10.00 (Over $100 in todays money!).

Now you can have Wobensmith's complete list of patents, plus 170 new patentsover 500 patents in all. This handsome 480 page, 8-1/2" x 11", hardcover book will contain the complete drawings and text for 100 patents. An introduction by Jim Steinmeyer is also included.

Stage illusions, small apparatus and miscellaneous magic patents by some of magic's greatest thinkers such as Goldin, Thurston, Jansen, Lafayette, Merv Taylor, U.F. Grant, John Petrie, etc. are included. Magic performers, builders, inventors and history aficionados will find something of interest.

NOTE: ONLY 250 copies will be available (224 signed and numbered copies + 26 lettered copies). Several have already been spoken for. You may also contact me and reserve a copy. I will let you know when the book arrives and if you still wish to purchase the book you may do so. You will be under no obligation.

Order now or reserve your copy to prevent disappointment.

PRE-PUBLICATION SPECIAL PRICE (Offer good through March 1, 2006) - Order now and only pay $100 postpaid in the US (normally $115.00)/Outside the US $120.00 postpaid (normally $140.00).

Order securely on-line with PAYPAL or a credit card at http://www.chuckromanomagic.com/merch.html

To order by post send a check (must be drawn on a US Bank) or money order to:
CHUCK ROMANO
535 SUMAC DRIVE
AURORA, IL 60506
USA

Best Regards,

Chuck Romano
chuckromanomagic@aol.com

Return to Magic History and Anecdotes