Robert Walker

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Postby John Pezzullo » 01/10/02 04:12 AM

Here's a query that only Jon Racherbaumer may be able to answer.

I first read about Robert Walker in the March 1973 issue "Kabbala" (the reprints published by Danny Korem) - a fifteen year old consumed with a passion for the pasteboards.

Whatever happened to him? He'd only be in his late forties by now. I presume that he's no longer involved in magic.

From issue #21 of "Sticks & Stones":

"Bob Walker is finishing two books: TURNING TRICKS and TRICKS FROM THE TREE"

I know that TRICKS FROM THE TREE was released as it was listed in catalogs released by Micky Hades International over the years.

TURNING TRICKS was also mentioned in WALKER'S HYPER-TWIST manuscript:

"His efforts are catalogued in his gigantic CRUX manuscript. An abridged version of this title will appear under the title, TURNING TRICKS, in the near future."

I've never seen TURNING TRICKS listed anywhere - was it ever released?
John Pezzullo

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » 01/10/02 10:36 AM

Robert Walker, who still looks like he is 14, is a physician and bio-ethics expert. He now lives in Tampa, Florida and has 4 children. He teaches and practices medicine. He still does a little "magic," but he is also a musician and plays with a local group.

I saw him last year and tried to bring him up to speed regarding pasteboard stuff. He still has his notes on the massive Crux manuscript (Turning Tricks); however, the book was never published.

I will be putting GOOD TURNS 2.0 on the Premium section of my Website in a week or so. A couple of Walker's Twist versions will be included on this updated book.

Onward...
Jon Racherbaumer

Return to Magic History and Anecdotes