Contacting Robert Swadling

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Postby Jonathan Townsend » 09/08/04 10:19 AM

Good afternoon folks,

I just saw a question online about flipper coins and who to get one from... Jamie, Todd, Johnson or someone else?

Okay... I suggested the inventor, Robert Swadling.

They replied asking for contact information.

I would like to know myself. I have a Connie Hayden Expanded shell and would like a Swadling Coin.

I would also like to point others to the man himself for their needs as regards this gaff.

Where do we send an email to ask the guy about his work?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan
Mundus vult decipi
Jonathan Townsend

Postby Bill Hallahan » 09/08/04 11:15 AM

I don't know his e-mail address, but from this article by Wesley James I learned that Robert Swadling is in England and also that Mr. James provided Robert Swadling's phone number to David Roth who then called him.

Here's where I found this.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~roy/magictalk-w ... _coin.html

I found this article a few months ago. Alas, before reading this I had been calling the Swadling Coin a Flipper Coin. Kudos to you for knowing and using the correct name.
Bill Hallahan

Postby Edwin Corrie » 09/08/04 02:06 PM

Bob Swadling used to belong to the Home Counties Magic Society in Reading, England (near London), which was also my local society for many years. He spent some time in Geneva (before I moved here), but I believe he went back to the Reading area and may have rejoined the HCMS. Unfortunately all the links I have to the HCMS website seem to be broken, but it might be a lead worth checking out with someone who is able to get in touch with the society.
Edwin Corrie

Postby Pete Biro » 09/08/04 02:10 PM

email... swadlingmagic@btinternet.com

Tell him I sent you! :cool:
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby David Regal » 09/08/04 04:28 PM

Mr. Swadling presented a lecture at the last F.F.F.F. convention - he has many, many fascinating ideas and creations.
David Regal

Return to Magic History and Anecdotes