Martha Stewart and Caesar Salad

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.

Postby Steve Mills » 02/25/03 03:29 PM

One of the disadvantages of being out of work is you watch too much TV. Additionally, to quote John Mendoza, "isn't it amazing the crap we'll watch when the remote's across the room".

Anyway, Martha was preparing her Caesar Salad the other night and kept referring to Cardini. I didn't hear the opening, but she said his name several times - seeming to refer to him as the inventor.

Does anyone know the story here - is that Dick Cardini she is referring to?

Just wondering - as I said - "too much time".

Later.....
Steve
The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog. – Mark Twain
Steve Mills

Postby Guest » 02/25/03 03:38 PM

Actually Caesar Dressing was created by a guy named Caesar Cardini. At least thats what the bottle in my fridge says. ( and by says I mean thats whas written on the bottle , it the ketchup bottle that can talk).

Noah Levine

Postby Pete Biro » 02/25/03 04:02 PM

Chef Ceasar Cardini, in Tijuana, Mexico, invented Caesar Salad. :cool: :cool:
Stay tooned.
Pete Biro

Postby Guest » 02/27/03 01:20 PM

On May 29, 1959 I paid $5 to see Vernon lecture at the Detroit Leeland Hotel. I will never forget how much Vernon impressed me. What he did was truly magic. He was, by far, the smoothest magician I have ever seen. "The Dai Vernon Book Of Magic" was his lecture notes.

Postby Guest » 02/27/03 04:58 PM

Dear Steve

I love the opening to this thread

The idea that Dick cardini invented condoments in his spare time and that Martha Stewart should be talking about him on TV Creased me up!

I don't know whether you intended it to be funny but it is comedy of the highest order

Dean

Postby Guest » 02/27/03 05:04 PM

Equally funny is Motor city's Post about Dai vernon in a thread that has nothing whatsoever to do with him......Comedy!!!

Although I did once hear a rumour that Dai vernon invented Jam

Postby Guest » 02/27/03 05:06 PM

Sorry Sorry I was wrong!
I just looked at some of my books and it wasn't Jam it was Twisting the Aces.

the Jam was Marlo's

Return to Magic History and Anecdotes