Teller and Penn in newest HP commercial

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Postby MaxNY » 12/04/02 08:55 PM

I only caught half of the spot, they are kind-of hard to see. I guess that they were to be part of some agents waiting room, along with other performance artists. The spot appears very dream-like, I don't think they have any lines. It was aired either on MTV or VH-1. I have a passion for MTV since spending 10 years in/around the studio... Cribs was on. Anybody ever see Penn's tour of "The Vault", I think it was on A&E. Boy he's a creepy dude! Lots of skeletons in his closet, no really, he has skeletons IN HIS CLOSET! I figured out that the piece of skin he said was probably illegal to own,(the skin with his name tattooed on it), was probably from a pig, not a dead man...
MaxNY

Postby NCMarsh » 12/04/02 09:10 PM

rumor has it that Penn is appearing in the new broadway show "The Exonerated," based on the lives of several innocent men who were sentenced to death, and subsequently released, in the US...

nate.
OrlandoCorporateMagician.com Orlando Magician
NCMarsh

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » 12/04/02 09:15 PM

Originally posted by MaxNY:
I only caught half of the spot, they are kind-of hard to see. I guess that they were to be part of some agents waiting room, along with other performance artists. The spot appears very dream-like, I don't think they have any lines.
Penn has one...and it's very funny, especially if you're a magician.

The guy who's sitting next to Penn (I think he's one of the guys from Survivor) turns to him and says, "I'm thinking of a number between one and fifty..." Penn immediately cuts him off in a rather annoyed tone and says "37! It's 37, ok?!?"

-Jim
Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Bill Mullins » 12/04/02 11:53 PM

The spot is for HP Multimedia computers; the waiting room is filled with acts/entertainers which could conceivably appear on your computer.

Another short interplay has Teller sitting next to a man in convict stripes, wearing a ball & chain. This person is in black and white (everything else is in color), and looks to be from an old movie. He says to Teller, "you mean you can cut her in half, and have no repercussions at all??? Interesting . . . "

Apparently this guy is incarcerated for killing his wife.
Bill Mullins

Postby MaxNY » 12/05/02 06:13 AM

Very funny! Those guys have something to tell about actor's cattle calls. Their first movie "Invisible Threads" (Showtime 1985, see me for copies to trade) have some shots taken from a waiting room, I believe Randini was there, and a couple other magicini types.
---The last call I attended; wanted a balloon guy, so I went down, and remember the guy in front of me saying (all nice a sweetly) "and this is my mouse." Well, he made a 6" mouse! I felt like making my 1" mouse saying, "This is a MOUSE you clown". Those call's are very funny, dogs running around...and stuff.
---Larry Weeks has a dog that does 21 tricks. And when he goes to a convention, he has another magician take care of the dog while he is away. Well, this other magician, has got to run through the whole repertoire of tricks first before the dog can eat!. The mutt's doing back-flips for kibbles...
MaxNY

Postby Oakes » 12/07/02 12:10 PM

Penn & Teller are also featured in the print ads for the campaign... saw one in the Times last Thursday (Arts section).
Oakes

Return to Buzz