LIST- Magic DVDs - "Easter Eggs"

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

LIST- Magic DVDs - "Easter Eggs"

Postby Guest » June 29th, 2006, 7:59 am

Lets try this again

DVD Title : Visions of Wonder DVDs

Egg Description : fifteen- to twenty-minute interview, in which Tommy talks about magic outside of its technical aspects.

Method of Access : On each disc, go to the "Other L&L Products" section and page forward until you get to the page advertising "videoMind." Move the cursor over the title, and when it turns from white to magenta, click.

Please add other Easter Eggs you have heard about.

No other comments please (if you feel the need to do so there is another thread to do that).

Re: LIST- Magic DVDs - "Easter Eggs"

Postby Guest » June 29th, 2006, 8:41 am

DVD Title : In The Hands Wild Card-Tom Dobrowolski

Egg Description : Bonus Card Handling Routine

Method of Access : Go to main menu and tab down to the "DVDROM" button. Arrow left my hands light up (change color) hit enter and the chapter will play.

If you go into the DVDROM section on your computer there is also a template to print off a practice set of cards.

Postby Guest » June 29th, 2006, 2:14 pm

(sigh)

I don't recall specifically the access route to these EE's, but am aware the following do contain them (I think). Maybe other's can supplement with details.

Dan Garcia's - Torn
Dan & Dave Buck - System
Fred Kaps - Seeing is Believing

Dave Andrews

Postby Dave Andrews » June 29th, 2006, 3:32 pm

There we go with the Kaps DVD again - my little cursor has been going wild these past days and still hasn't 'hit the spot'.

Darn it, I wont give up!!!! Back to the DVD.

Have fun.

Dave

Postby Guest » June 29th, 2006, 4:48 pm

I don't remember exactly but I think an easter egg on the Kaps dvd is found during the photo gallery. I'll try to look it up later tonight.

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2006, 12:47 am

I created this tonight. Not pretty but it seems to work.
A database of Easter Eggs.
You may view, add, and edit easter eggs.
No restrictions at this time.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/eastereggs.cfm

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » June 30th, 2006, 12:48 am

This thread is great; thanks! And yes, please refrain from comments other than how and where to access the Easter Eggs on Magic DVDs.

Okay, so for the technically inept like me (a heck of a thing coming from a DVD reviewer), how does one access these egg thingies on a regular DVD player connected to regular TVs?

Dustin

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » June 30th, 2006, 2:24 am

I seem to remember there's an Egg on Streibler's Liquid Metal DVD. I didn't try to find it, but it involves watching to the end credits and a button press will take you to a clip of Morgan's stage show.

Take care, Ian

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2006, 3:00 am

Originally posted by DustinStinett:
.....how does one access these egg thingies on a regular DVD player connected to regular TVs?
I asked that question earlier in "the other" thread, but no answers were forthcoming. And thinking about the technology, I assume that the answer is that we can't access them - they're gifts only for computer users, not for people who merely want to buy the DVD and watch it.

I may well be mistaken, and I hope that I am. (But if I'm not, my comment would not be appropriate to this thread.)

Dave

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2006, 3:53 am

Dustin & Dave,

Good news! Most DVDs are actually watched on home players, NOT computers and therefore the DVDs with Easter Eggs are designed to work perfectly on a home player.

Rather than using the mouse to control the cursor as you would on a PC or Mac, you simply need to use the DVD player's remote control.

There will be navigation buttons on the remote (Left, Right, Up, Down and Select (or Enter)). Use these controls to choose the relevant arrows, photos, on-screen buttons or whatever (as outlined in this thread) and then hit the Select button on the remote.

Sometimes buttons have to be pressed several times, or objects selected that don't appear to change or even exist! The secrets to finding EEs on non-magic DVDs can be like breaking a tough code. I'm guessing that EEs on magic DVDs will be a lot easier to find.

Hope this helps,

Happy Easter!

Royce K.

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2006, 4:12 am

Excellent news - thank you Royce. I'm glad to be mistaken. (The only time that I tried watching a DVD on my DVD player, I got completely confused by the controls.)

Dave

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2006, 5:29 am

Originally posted by Royce Kirbow:
...Good news!...Rather than using the mouse to control the cursor as you would on a PC or Mac, you simply need to use the DVD player's remote control. ...Sometimes buttons have to be pressed several times, or objects selected that don't appear to change or even exist! The secrets to finding EEs on non-magic DVDs can be like breaking a tough code. I'm guessing that EEs on magic DVDs will be a lot easier to find.

Hope this helps, ...
Are you gonna put out a DVD to teach this stuff?

Amos McCormick

Postby Amos McCormick » June 30th, 2006, 6:03 am

Yes, but the secrets to finding the Easter eggs will be in an Easter egg on the DVD. :rolleyes:

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2006, 6:10 am

There are now 4 eggs in The Easter Egg Database.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/eastereggs.cfm

By the way, The Easter Egg Database DOES INDEED have it's own Easter Egg (and more to come).
It's only fair.

Let me know if anyone finds it.

Frank

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2006, 9:29 am

Is the Easter Egg on the Easter Egg site "Coming Soon"

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2006, 10:31 am

Originally posted by Randy DiMarco:
Is the Easter Egg on the Easter Egg site "Coming Soon"
Actually there are now 2 easter eggs on the easter egg site and they are alive and kicking.

Find 'em... win a prize. Time to start "poaching" for easter eggs.

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2006, 7:56 pm

Originally posted by DustinStinett:
This thread is great; thanks! And yes, please refrain from comments other than how and where to access the Easter Eggs on Magic DVDs.

Okay, so for the technically inept like me (a heck of a thing coming from a DVD reviewer), how does one access these egg thingies on a regular DVD player connected to regular TVs?

Dustin
Dustin. It is just like accessing them on a computer. When you have the DVD in your player just use your arrow keys on your remote. That is how most people find them. Almost all DVD's have Easter Eggs on them. They are just found through Trial and Error.

Postby Guest » July 3rd, 2006, 4:12 pm

Didn't the Genii DVD that was issued with the magazine last year (or so) have Easter Eggs ?

I believe it did. Can anyone confirm?

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » July 3rd, 2006, 4:18 pm

Originally posted by frank starsinic:
Didn't the Genii DVD that was issued with the magazine last year (or so) have Easter Eggs ?

I believe it did. Can anyone confirm?
Yes. http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ ... 763#000023
http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ ... 906#000005
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 3rd, 2006, 5:11 pm

We're going to have a DVD in the September issue of Genii, but it will be sans eggs.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » July 3rd, 2006, 9:19 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
We're going to have a DVD in the September issue of Genii, but it will be sans eggs.
sans magicians, sans technology: sans everything save $$$$

Postby Guest » July 3rd, 2006, 11:16 pm

So there were easter eggs but I did not see any mention of where they were and how to access them.

anyone remember?

Postby Guest » July 5th, 2006, 8:48 am

It has been written in this post that there are EE in this website,and in the Bazar de Magia dvd given with Genii...a few asked where?But no answer given...could someone who knows tell them where they are to be found pls......???Tks. :help:

Postby Guest » July 5th, 2006, 8:49 am

It has been written in this post that there are EE in this website,and in the Bazar de Magia dvd given with Genii...a few asked where?But no answer given...could someone who knows tell them where they are to be found pls......???Tks. :help:

Return to “Buzz”