the magic secrets network

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
walkinoats

the magic secrets network

Postby walkinoats » April 11th, 2002, 8:02 am

I was on the web the other day and came across the "magic secrets network"

http://www.magicheck.com

Doee anyone know more about it?

There is a interesting card discussion forum with Lee Asher. But the other sites that are part of the network are advertizing that they will reveal the effects that David Copperfield and David Blaine did on their televison specials etc. Which tells me that most of the sites are geared toward non magicians. It was just odd to see Lee's forum listed among the other "non magician" sites.

Re: the magic secrets network

Postby Guest » April 11th, 2002, 9:59 am

I just visited the site, and to me it looks like a place to separate you from your hard earned $29.95.
Maybe it's just me, but, it seems too simple.
I would be interested to hear otherwise.

Postby Guest » April 11th, 2002, 12:57 pm

No, it's not you TiJean. It was just a matter of time before some loser figured he could make "his millions" by exposing other peoples illusions with a slick but tasteless website.

Some people just don't have a problem saying: "... to restrict casual or accidental exposure of magic secrets" ,and "... senseless acts of exposure" in one breath; and then say: "These are the secrets you really wanted to know. The ones even the Masked Magician was afraid to reveal! The magician's are steaming mad about this site. But WE DON"T CARE! If you want to know the secrets, we're going to tell you... everything!", in the next. (Is it just me, or is there some hefty double-talk spewing out here?) Just like our "deformed" traitor from the past this person is surely using the justification: "Someone will, sooner or later, expose these tricks so it might as well as be me." No doubt, famous last words; as the rest of us stand on the sidelines and watch in horror.

Of course it seems simple, TiJean. Even though this site claims to be for magicians it is not. The only thing this site does for magician's is to get them to smile as they bend over. Well, screw you Mr. Magic Secrets Network! Come out, come out where ever you are!

Magician's with any ounce of ethics should stay away from this site- including Mr. Asher. This site is poisonous.

Postby Guest » April 12th, 2002, 8:23 am

Steve,
Selah. I couldn't agree more. I think the best way to deal with this is to not subscribe. Eventually, once the operators realize that they won't make dollar one, they'll close it down.
I'll take my $30 and buy the next book that Mr. Kaufman puts out. Learn something the old fashioned way. Study and practise.

Andy Hurst

Postby Andy Hurst » April 12th, 2002, 11:42 pm

It's just another way of Fearson cashing in on magic exposure.

Return to “Buzz”