krenz

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Bill Mullins

krenz

Postby Bill Mullins » February 18th, 2003, 4:55 pm

Is Jim Krenz still involved in magic? The last I knew, he moved to LA to be more actively involved in the production of Genii. Then the Larsens up and sold the magazine to someone . . . .

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: krenz

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 18th, 2003, 6:40 pm

While Jim Krenz was supposed to become some sort of associate editor for Erika Larsen, the extent of his participation in Genii was to retype all the names and addresses of the subscribers from typed cards into a database.
He lives, or lived (?) a block or two from the Magic Castle. I was told that he felt he should have been given a free membership since he worked for Genii and, when that didn't happen, he became rather bitter.
Last I heard he was no longer involved in magic at all.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » February 19th, 2003, 2:02 am

That's a real shame. Jim was the person that taught me the muscle pass which has become my mainstay/obsession. He didn't have to, and I didn't ask directly, but I will always owe him a big favour for that.

Take care, Ian

Max Maven

Postby Max Maven » February 19th, 2003, 5:28 pm

Jim Krenz is alive and well. He has pulled back from his involvement with magic, but not entirely. He now works for a computer software company, testing computer games -- a job for which he is perfectly suited.

Return to “Buzz”