"Put some magic in your life"

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

"Put some magic in your life"

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Just received the Smithsonian Associate magazine and contained therein is a description of the following
event:

"Join renowned sleight-of-hand performer and magic historian David Ben for a special evening with theatrical recreations of stellar feats of legerdemain and illusion created by such luminaries as Charles Bertram, Harry Houdini, and Dai Vernon. The evening begins in a conversation with author Daniel Stashower about how Ben researches and produces his historic recreations. Then enjoy a sampling of his critically aclaimed shows--The Conjuror, The Conjurior's Suite and Tricks--as he explores the evolution of magic as a performing art---Thurs April 19"

Hope to see you there
I have my tickets already---
Arnie

Jerry Harrell

Re: "Put some magic in your life"

Postby Jerry Harrell » December 29th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Any way to get some more info about this, like where it is being held, or how to go about obtaining tickets?

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2006, 5:50 pm

From the ad--

Tickets are available at the Smithsonian Resident Associates Office 202 357 3030 M-F 9 AM to 5 PM
On-line at residentassociates.org
Resident Members--$18.00
Seniors--$16.00
General Admission--$28.00
Location at the Smithsonian to be determined

The Smithsonial has a number of venues here in Washington DC where this can take place. Most of the buildings are on (or just off) Independence Ave where the American History, Natural History and Air & Space museums are located. They usually wait until they see what the the ticket demand is before committing to a venue.

I haven't tried the website but I did call the phone number and got tickets today.

Arnie

Jerry Harrell

Postby Jerry Harrell » December 30th, 2006, 5:27 am

Thanks for the update arnie. Sounds like a must-see show!

Return to “General”