"Brainwashed" Keith Barry on MTV 2

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

"Brainwashed" Keith Barry on MTV 2

Postby Guest » March 27th, 2004, 11:50 am

Irish born magician Keith Barry takes his act to the spring break capital of the world.. (whatever that may be, uhm Cancoon?). Barry pulls off some fantastic hypotism shtick, some cold reading backwash, and also some mind reading. (A difficult task on spring break. Think Sex!)
---You will also see Keith doing some card stuff, with rap stars like Method Man, and looker Natasha Hendridge. Card in mouth, signed and torn bill, and my favorite, bottle thru tight teenage abs. Keith has the looks to be a big star, but...his name doesn't flash around the screen much, took a bit of research just to figure out just who this new star is. Note to self: don't agree to do any show without my name on the bumpers.
---Catch him again on the 28th at 2:30 am, or the 28th at 5:30pm, on MTV 2, or visit MTV.com... I just report-em folks.

Re: "Brainwashed" Keith Barry on MTV 2

Postby Guest » March 28th, 2004, 10:07 am

I happened to catch some of this, but missed the guy's name. Thanks for bringing him to our attention. It was very "David Blaine" like, but this guy came off a bit more enthusiastic as opposed to Mr. Blaine's dry, monotone, one syllable word delviery. It was an odd assortment of card tricks rapidly followed by hypno style stuff, all editted in that fast, jerky MTV style. My 2 - Young MTV watchers will definitely be entertained.

-CS

Postby Guest » March 28th, 2004, 10:48 am

What is the capital of Spring break? I use to go to Daytona Beach myself.
Steve V

Postby Guest » March 28th, 2004, 8:23 pm

His webpage says that he is reped by an agency that only boosts two other clients...PJ Harvey (no,not a magician,so don't even look) and U2!
---I started a thread last week asking if anyone caught, or knows of the card guy who was hired to do sleights on an Irish Doc. called "Crown Jewels". I wonder if this was he?
---Off topic, but I also caught TLC Trading Spaces with Penn and Teller re-doing each other's green rooms! Penn looked larger than life, he has always been big, but he appeared unhealthily...husky.

Postby Guest » March 31st, 2004, 12:06 pm

Keith is an excellent magician. He has a show over in Ireland that is very successful. You can find stuff on him if you do a google search. He's been hitting a lot of the press lines in LA, so you can find some really great images of him.

Postby Guest » June 1st, 2004, 1:22 am

Keith will shortly be going into production for his second series on Irish TV, with the possibility of more MTV shows in the pipeline.

An announcemnet about a theatre show in Dublin is imminent. Watch this space! :)

Postby Guest » October 12th, 2004, 3:45 am

Keith Barry has finished recording his second series for Irish television, and will be airing shortly.

His recent one-nighter live show "Brainwashed" sold out at Dublin's Vicar Street Theatre.

Return to “Buzz”