UK'S magic books by post move

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

UK'S magic books by post move

Postby Guest » July 31st, 2007, 5:04 am

I recieved this mail at the weekend, and thought it was worth sharing. Magic books by post, one of the worlds greatest magic book suppliers are changing hands, and moving to a new premises.

Fingers crossed that the service remains the same, because i realy cant rate them high enough.

and may i wish both Betty, and Donald, a happy " retirement.."

IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT
After nearly forty years serving the magic community around the world, ill health and advancing age demands that Betty and Donald Wallace take a less active role in Magic Books by Post. Betty is now eighty one and Donald seventy eight. Forty years is a long time to be a magic dealer, but we have enjoyed every minute of it. We are handing over the every day work to Steve Short and Paul Cooke, both being well thought of in the professional magic world, Steve as a very successful corporate performer, and Paul as an Illusion builder to major stage and television shows.
The stock is being relocated, from where your future orders will be processed. The transportation is a mammoth job needing three thirty eight ton trucks, and the sorting and shelving of about thirty thousand items. We ask for your patience. in the meanwhile you may send your orders as usual to the new postal address, Email, Eshop and the new telephone number 0845 3700455. Rest assured your card will not be debited until your order sent. We thank all our customers past and present for their wonderful support over the years.
Donald
MBbP
New postal address.
Magic Books by Post Limited
103 Fleetgate
Barton Upon Humber,
Linconshire DN18 5QE

Re: UK'S magic books by post move

Postby Guest » July 31st, 2007, 5:27 am

The customer service provided by Betty and Donald has always been fantastic, they're by far the best book dealer around.

I wish them well in their retirement and hope Paul and Steve will continue the business the same way Betty and Donald did.

Postby Guest » July 31st, 2007, 12:33 pm

I second that. I have only had a small amount of dealings with them, but they were conscientious and good to work with.

I hope they have a long retirement.

Postby Guest » July 31st, 2007, 1:51 pm

I will miss Don and Betty's smiling faces at our annual convention in Portsmouth.

I wish them well.

And thank them for all they have done for everybody.

Peace,

Darren

Return to “Buzz”