Dutch Treat

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Pete Biro

Dutch Treat

Postby Pete Biro » January 9th, 2002, 6:18 pm

If you live in or near Los Angeles, get to the Magic Castle this week.

All the acts are from the Netherlands.

I couldnd't get to see all the acts, but what I did see was fabulous.

Started with Flip Hallema in the Parlour. It had been 19 years since his last visit here. And he has gotten bigger and better.

Unbelievable, but he did 20 hilarious minutes with a piece of rope and a ring. No Flip Stick, but he didn't need it.

In the Palace of Mystery we found MCing two young guys, that in English (not their language) doing some funny lines.

Keep an eye on them, Peter Vogel & Ronald Moray... good magic and funny guys...

Opened with Vogel doing the one man Asrah (Stevens sells 'em) floating and the form goes vertical and center stage produced his partner.

Money and ring gags, "A $100 bill changed to a 5 Euro note... is worth $200." NO HO HO

So he offered her the balance in "stock" brought out roll of toilet paper, unrolled some and gave her "EMRON STOCK."

Enough... you gotta see 'em.

Ted Winkel's wonderful act where he keeps producing medals, and puts onto his coat etc., is a classic act he's done for 30 years. He announced that this week is it, he's going to retire this act.

Wonder was the closer... Tommy Wonder that is. You all know what an incredible act he does and suffice it to say it was as good as he's ever done it... real magic.

The idea for this "Dutch Treat" night was Richard Ross' and his untimely death didn't deter those that were scheduled to come. His Widow, Monique was here and she, along with a large group of Dutch magicians will go from here to the WMS in Las Vegas next week.

Close up!!! A bright new face, Dan Lefay... first time I'd seen Dean Dill's box done for laymen... IT KILLS... his presentation very different.

Then coin work, closing with a pair of Johnson Cups for a two cup routine finished with production of 4 huge glass crytall balls.

:)
Stay tooned.

Pete Biro

Re: Dutch Treat

Postby Pete Biro » January 9th, 2002, 9:11 pm

OOOOOOOOOOps.... Veronique, not Monique???
Gad, I shudda kept notes... tsk... :mad: :mad:
Stay tooned.

Re: Dutch Treat

Postby Guest » January 10th, 2002, 5:15 pm

Thanks for the rundown on the Dutch Treat for those of us who couldn 't be there! Interesting about the Ashrah. I've heard those wooden booties talk!

Return to “Buzz”