Remind you of anyone?!?!?!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Remind you of anyone?!?!?!

Postby Guest » January 30th, 2002, 1:46 pm

First someone rips off Max Maven's opener and now this: http://www.corbuzier.com/content.htm

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat

Sean Piper

Re: Remind you of anyone?!?!?!

Postby Sean Piper » January 30th, 2002, 4:17 pm

Max Maven's look.....

Marc Salem's show title......

I wonder if he's doing Guy Bavli's act?!?!?!

John Pezzullo

Postby John Pezzullo » January 30th, 2002, 4:37 pm

Paul,

I think that there's a simple explanation for this.

Max Maven has gone 'global' by setting up a worldwide system of regional franchises. This guy, Deddy Corbuzier, has bought the rights to the Indonesian franchise.

Either that or Max engaged in a post-lecture session of the 'horizontal rhumba' with a young lady during his 1976 lecture for the local IBM Ring in Jakarta. Deddy is actually Max's long lost son.

All joking aside, this guy should be ashamed of himself. I wonder if his act contains more 'originality' than his 'look'?

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: John Pezzullo ]

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: John Pezzullo ]

Postby Guest » January 30th, 2002, 6:09 pm

Actually Mr. Maven produced a very polished and highly entertaining program c. 1984 called... "Mind Games". (Highly recommended.)

This individual has Max's look, Max's titles, and Max's interactive spin. I doubt, though, if he has Max's mind. Apparently, If he hasn't bought into the franchise he has definitely bought the "Farm".

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » January 31st, 2002, 8:37 am

This is pathetic.

But as this guy says, "Memilik efek yang cukup menegangkan. Anda dapat memutar kepala berkali-kali 360, setelah dilepaskan, posisi kepala menjadi normal kembali.
Ilusi yang mengagumkan ini adalah permainan yang selalu dibawakan oleh illusious amerika."

Or, loosely translated, "My head is shaved and I am growing a long pigtail. You will pay me $360, please. Who is Max Maven? I am trying to look like Eugene Burger."

Matt Field

Postby Guest » January 31st, 2002, 1:50 pm

This is sad, but for all we know, this guy has been living in a cave and watching Flash Gordon.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 31st, 2002, 6:45 pm

Went to the website: this is the funniest thing I've seen in years! It's like Max Maven gave birth to Porky Pig!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

John Pezzullo

Postby John Pezzullo » January 31st, 2002, 7:49 pm

It's like Max Maven gave birth to Porky Pig!

:D

I heard that when Max gave birth he took one look at his offspring and said:

"It's like the Gilbreath Principle...it's a thing of terrifying beauty."

What's strangely coincidental is that 'P. Goldstein' is actually an anagram for 'ten old pigs'...?!?

I wonder if there's anything in that?

Postby Guest » January 31st, 2002, 9:40 pm

With absolutely no disrespect to Max (and he already knows the respect I have for him) Who in their right mind would want to copy his look?!?!?!?!?! That would be akin to someone stealing Charlie Chaplin's look and claiming it was theirs to begin with.

Anyone that knows of a booking agent that hires that shmoe (the imposter not Max!) should let them know the truth about who they are hiring. Some may not care but others just might and cancel. I know a comedy chain that dropped a magician like a hot potato for ripping off a famous magician after I let them know about it(but I don't want to start naming names and would rather leave sleeping dogs lay).
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat http://www.bigfoot.com/~thoughtreader

Postby Guest » February 4th, 2002, 11:59 am

Hey!

Max Maven called he wants his hair back, and his site back, and hi act back, and his...

I can not believe that guy. Reminds me of that Eurooean guy that performed almost the identical act of Copperfields.

ouT.

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2002, 1:49 pm

Ah this guy looks nothing like Max. He doesn't even have a goatee. ( though he may drink goat tea in "The Iced Tea Project.)

I do like his catch phrase "Try, and Be Amaze of Your Self! - Deddy Corbuzier"

He's a maze all right.

I wonder if he acquired the last name from the famous architect?

It takes all kinds I guess.

Tom Cutts

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2002, 8:31 pm

I was intrigued to learn the history and secret of magic, but alas... could anyone translate for us? Be amaze of yourself! Who's your Deddy???

Postby Guest » February 19th, 2002, 4:43 pm

My favorite thing about the site is that his Widows Peak is crooked. (The point in his hair) I mean, if you're going to do that to your head, at least make it straight!

Briann.

Return to “Buzz”