"Look who's chewing up Broadway..."

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

"Look who's chewing up Broadway..."

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2003, 4:47 pm

This was the tease from NY's local News Fox Five, tonight (Thursday Feb. 23, 2003). They ran several quick clips of Todd Robbins, as they teased his popular show that "has people talking". I might get around to watching it, but will probably be glued to Gong Show marathon on the Game show Network. I guess he has a show on/or/off Broadway?? Slow news day, when your news tease is some guy chewing glass! Good for him...

Jim Maloney_dup1

Re: "Look who's chewing up Broadway..."

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » January 23rd, 2003, 7:04 pm

While I haven't seen his new show (check out www.mondaynightmagic.com for more info), I have seen him at Monday Night Magic, and I'd just like to say that he is a FANTASTIC performer. It was about a year ago that I went with a group of (non-magician) friends to MNM, and he was the MC. They are still talking about him.

-Jim

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2003, 9:09 pm

That man who is chewing glass off Broadway is performing every Saturday night at the Soho Playhouse at 15 Vandam St. at 10:30pm in NYC. I saw Todd Robbins doing his full show at the New York Fringe Festival two years ago, and it rocks!

I met Todd with Jamy Swiss back in '95 after Jamy lectured at the Smithsonian. We all headed over to the AV Ristorante on NY Avenue afterward, and Todd was quietly sitting next to my wife and I, on her left. When the pizza arrived, he asked her for a fork, and when she looked over to hand one to him, he already had one in his nose up to the tines.

Now that's a man who needs no introduction!

Check out Sideshow Saturday Night -- for info, call 212-615-6432, and for tickets, TeleCharge at 212-239-6200!

How many other times in your life will you ever get a chance to see a guy eat a whole light bulb?

(This ends this totally unpaid commercial message...)

brian :cool:

Postby Guest » January 24th, 2003, 5:10 am

My wife doesn't stand for the geekness. I saw him blow up (till it popped) a hot water bottle. I hear this stunt could be fatal. I don't think he does it anymore.
---I first saw Todd, dressed as a sad clown, performing with the Long Beach Mystics at a Abbott's convention around 1976 or 1977. It was a very funny act, from what I can remember. The Coney Island Ham wasn't spitted yet.

Postby Guest » January 24th, 2003, 8:18 am

My wife doesn't stand for the geekness. I saw him blow up (till it popped) a hot water bottle. I hear this stunt could be fatal. I don't think he does it anymore.
Yup, he still does.

I'm wondering if he stil does the stunt with the cockroach.

(And I'll just leave it at that.... :D )

brian :cool:

Return to “Buzz”