Joe M. Turner Show

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Joe M. Turner Show

Postby Guest » August 13th, 2006, 8:59 pm

I was fortunate to catch Joe M. Turners show in Atlantic City this past month. He was performing at the Houdini Magic Theater inside the Tropicana's "The Quarter. His show was very polished, very professional and very good. He communicated clearly and confidently with the audience and his magic was very entertaining.

The downside is, unfortunately, the underachieving venue. It was a great little theater that had a lot of potential, but mismanagement and lack of marketing are taking their toll. It is disappointing to see it so underutilized.

If you're in the Atlanta area, try to check out Turners one-man show called Shenanigans Id rather have seen him there myself.

===========

Re: Joe M. Turner Show

Postby Guest » August 16th, 2006, 8:23 pm

Thanks for coming to see the show. I worked there last year and had a great overall experience. I agree that it is definitely a venue with unrealized potential. Considering how much of the shop's square footage is dedicated to the theatre, I am puzzled at how little (if any) money is spent on booking in acts and marketing the place as an entertainment destination in its own right. It's a lovely close-up/parlor room (although that new stage floor isn't my cup of tea) and it would seem a natural moneymaker for the store if aggressively booked, promoted, and sold.

I took some photos this time and hopefully a few will turn out. I'll write up something about what it's like to work there and see what happens.

JMT

Return to “Buzz”