Book Of Secrets

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Sam Kesler
Favorite Magician: Ed Marlo

Book Of Secrets

Postby Sam Kesler » February 5th, 2003, 8:38 am

Does anyone know if John Carney's new book came back from the publisher on schedule (Feb 1st) and is close to being shipped?

Jim Maloney_dup1

Re: Book Of Secrets

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » February 5th, 2003, 8:55 am

Zech Johnson posted this over in the "Where's the Reverb?" thread:

Just a quick note on the Carney book. John was here in Seattle this past weekend, lecturing and performing as both himself and Mr. Mysto. What a treat! And yes, the book is actually, truly, for real done. I even saw a copy with my own two eyes, and it looks gorgeous.

He said that the small number he had in Seattle was sent directly from the printers to the lecture location, and that the rest will be in LA this week. He's got all the mailers printed up and ready to go, so a teensy, tiny bit of patience is all we need.

Zech Johnson

P.S. Witnessing John perform an actual close-up show (not a lecture) was truly one of the highlights of my life in magic. Thank you, John. I needed that.
-Jim

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » February 5th, 2003, 9:00 am

Originally posted by Sam Kesler:
Does anyone know if John Carney's new book came back from the publisher on schedule (Feb 1st) and is close to being shipped?
I got this email from John C. this morning:
Hello,

I have just received the Book of Secrets in Los Angeles!

I will now have to box and post several hundred orders all at once. This may take a week or two to get through them all. I appreciate your patience.

Deluxe editions will take a bit longer, as the sewn books then go to a different place for the bonded leather binding. Perhaps they will be ready to mail out by mid-February.

I appreciate your interest in my work and will do my best to get the book to you in a timely manner. To expedite your order, I am setting things up so that the boxes will already be addressed and ready for packing when the books arrive. If you have ordered more than one item, I would appreciate your patience, as I would prefer to ship everything at once.

I hope you enjoy the book, it has taken a long time to complete with many rewrites and revisions in the process. The illustrations came out looking great. I wanted to make it of genuine value to the reader and not be just another "product." I think you will be happy with the result.

Thanks for your patience.

All the best,
John Carney
John LeBlanc
Houston, TX

Sam Kesler
Favorite Magician: Ed Marlo

Postby Sam Kesler » February 5th, 2003, 1:30 pm

That's wonderful news about the book. Imagine, a publisher who met his deadline! And isn't this forum great, too? Ask and ye shall... Thanks for taking the time to reply Jim & John!

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » February 5th, 2003, 8:09 pm

Mr. LeBlanc,

A quick, and probably silly, question...John had mentioned that he would be sending a mass e-mail to those who had placed orders for the book...was this that e-mail or was it in response to a specific question from you? I ask only because I had ordered the book but hadn't received the email quoted...

best,
n. marsh

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 5th, 2003, 8:37 pm

I think that John is probably spending every second of his time individually packing the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of books that have to be sent out to every person who ordered one. I'm sure, since about 6,000 people look at The Genii Forum, that most people will get the word from this thread. :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Terry

Postby Terry » February 6th, 2003, 7:41 am

Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 11:06 AM
To: Regular Edition
Subject: Book of Secrets Ships this week

Hello,

I have just received the Book of Secrets in Los Angeles!

I will now have to box and post several hundred orders all at once. This may take a week or two to get through them all. I appreciate your patience.

Deluxe editions will take a bit longer, as the sewn books then go to a different place for the bonded leather binding. Perhaps they will be ready to mail out by mid-February.

I appreciate your interest in my work and will do my best to get the book to you in a timely manner. To expedite your order, I am setting things up so that the boxes will already be addressed and ready for packing when the books arrive. If you have ordered more than one item, I would appreciate your patience, as I would prefer to ship everything at once.

I hope you enjoy the book, it has taken a long time to complete with many rewrites and revisions in the process. The illustrations came out looking great. I wanted to make it of genuine value to the reader and not be just another "product." I think you will be happy with the result.

Thanks for your patience.

All the best,
John Carney
FYI

Return to “Buzz”