paul harris

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
walkinoats

paul harris

Postby walkinoats » October 24th, 2001, 6:34 am

Does anyone know if Paul Harris is still active in the magic community?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: paul harris

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 24th, 2001, 8:49 am

While Paul Harris attended the MAGIC Live convention in Las Vegas in August, he has not been active in close-up magic in the sense of performing, creating, or writing for some years. I think he was working for Brett Daniels at some point.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » October 24th, 2001, 9:29 am

Although I cannot speak on behalf of Paul Harris, I've had a few extended conversations with him in the past. To me, Paul is a gregarious "outsider" (which seems oxyamoronic)who never ran with the pack. At various times he has been very visible in the "magic community;" however, I view him as a free-spirited nomad who travels light and moves almost invisibily in various environments.

Yes, he worked with Brett Daniels.
Yes, he spent a couple of weeks with David Blaine.
Yes, he is still interested in many subjects and still has fascinating, original ideas dancing in his head.

Part of the work-in-progress that is his life, is avoiding categories and other conventional "traps"...

Paul sat behind me during the Blaine interview at Magic Live! I could hear him giggling at times...In fact, together we share similar amusement and bemusement.

I consider Paul to be one of magicdom's "originals"...

Onward...

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Jon Racherbaumer ]

walkinoats

Postby walkinoats » October 24th, 2001, 12:09 pm

Can anyone confirm that paul harris wrote the movie "nice girls don't explode" ?

Robert McDaniel

Postby Robert McDaniel » October 24th, 2001, 12:27 pm

Yes, Paul Harris wrote "Nice Girls Don't Explode", which was directed by Chuck Martinez, who originally published Paul's books. Can anyone confirm if Paul Harris was the assistant editor of one of the "Evil Dead" movies? (Don't know if it's the same Paul Harris.)

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 24th, 2001, 12:56 pm

Paul Harris is not a film editor, and I don't think he had anything whatsoever to do with the Evil Dead movies.
"Nice Girls Don't Explode" is one of the most tedious B movies ever made. Hard to believe the creativity of Paul Harris was involved in anything so horribly UNfunny.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Ruben Padilla

Postby Ruben Padilla » October 24th, 2001, 4:47 pm

Last year (2000)I received a phone call from Paul asking for ideas on a new silk to egg routine for Brett Daniels (to be used in Brett's stage show). I sent him a videotape of my original routine, and shortly thereafter received a very complimentary phone call from Paul, saying that he loved the routine, that Brett was using it in his show, and that I'd be sent a videotape of Brett performing it. Sadly, I never received the tape. While I hope to use Paul's endorsement for a future publishing of the routine, I wonder if anyone has seen Brett performing it (it's a SLOW MOTION silk to egg using a BLUE silk). If so please email me or post your impressions. Thanks. (And if Brett or Paul reads this, please send tape!)
Visit www.MagiciansOnly.com for exclusive book, trick, DVD, & convention reviews!

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » October 24th, 2001, 6:26 pm

Originally posted by Robert M:
Yes, Paul Harris wrote "Nice Girls Don't Explode", which was directed by Chuck Martinez, who originally published Paul's books. Can anyone confirm if Paul Harris was the assistant editor of one of the "Evil Dead" movies? (Don't know if it's the same Paul Harris.)

The Internet Movie Database doesn't think it is. "Nice Girls..." is the only title associated with Paul Harris (X)
The X indicates that he's the tenth Paul Harris in the the IMDB.
Visit the Internet Movie Database to find out more. :D

Return to “Buzz”