I wish this were only a rumor!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

I wish this were only a rumor!

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 21st, 2002, 3:15 pm

Yes, it's true, the last line of Anthony Owen's article on "A Year in the Life of the Quick Trick Show" is missing in the current, March, issue of Genii.
Bummer! At least it took us 40 issues before making a boo-boo like this!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

John Pezzullo

Re: I wish this were only a rumor!

Postby John Pezzullo » February 22nd, 2002, 2:17 am

Richard,

Bill Larsen would be looking down in 'horror' from above at the March issue of "Genii". Has any other past issue of "Genii" ever gone to print with such a glaring error?

If my memory serves me correctly, there was a missing possessive apostrophe in both the November 2000 and July 2001 issues.

There is only one option left open to you. You'll have to ask your proofreader to tender his/her resignation immediately.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 22nd, 2002, 2:36 pm

It's actually not caused by faulty proofreading. Three of us proofread the magazine and the final lines were where they should have been. An correction to an earlier sentence, made AFTER proofreading (that is, to fix a different error caught during proofreading) pushed the entire text down two lines. The art director forgot to check whether the end of the article had shifted.
Poof!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Ray Haddad

Postby Ray Haddad » April 7th, 2002, 2:27 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
It's actually not caused by faulty proofreading. Three of us proofread the magazine and the final lines were where they should have been. An correction to an earlier sentence, made AFTER proofreading (that is, to fix a different error caught during proofreading) pushed the entire text down two lines. The art director forgot to check whether the end of the article had shifted.
Poof!
Richard,

"An correction?" Sorry. I simply couldn't resist. I suspect it's my editor's mindset assuming control of my keyboard here.

Best,
Ray
Best Regards,
Ray
http://www.rayhaddad.com

Return to “Buzz”