Simon Lovell

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Simon Lovell

Postby Guest » February 4th, 2003, 2:04 pm

Can anyone tell me how that lovable expatriate Briton Simon Lovell is. Does he still reside stateside or has he returned to his native shores ?

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: Simon Lovell

Postby Matthew Field » February 4th, 2003, 2:28 pm

I last saw my buddy Simon Lovell over the Christmas holidays, at a party thrown by Roger Dreyer of Fantasma Toys fame.

Simon is great -- he said he's about to get re-married and he had a photo of the lucky, and lovely, woman.

Simon looks great, has really pulled himself together, his books have done exceedingly well and his performances have never been stronger.

He is a wonderfully talented and very funny magician.

I have not heard of his relocating back to Merrie Olde -- but who knows?

Matt Field

Postby Guest » February 4th, 2003, 4:04 pm

Thanks for that Matthew. Simon did his best to make a performer out of me and I spent many an hour both at home and in the pub,but he just couldn't get me over the stagefright.
Please pass on my regards to him if you get the chance ?

Steve V

Postby Steve V » February 4th, 2003, 4:46 pm

Yup, Simon is doing great and his bride to be is a former model...it's gotta be the accent.
Steve V
Steve V

Postby Guest » February 4th, 2003, 7:16 pm

Originally posted by Steve V:
Yup, Simon is doing great and his bride to be is a former model...it's gotta be the accent.
Steve V
Gotta be...sure ain't the irresistable good looks! ;o)

Should Simon happen to read this, congrats! It's been too long since I last saw you (I think last time was the Magic on Manhattan show I did that you MC'd?)...hopefully I'll have the pleasure again soon enough!

--A

Steve V

Postby Steve V » February 4th, 2003, 9:14 pm

Simon doesn't read this board but I'll tell him and see if he can pay it a visit.
Steve V
Steve V

Carl Mercurio

Postby Carl Mercurio » February 7th, 2003, 9:11 pm

Well, I hate to throw a blanket on the party, but Simon was recently arrested by the Securities & Exchange Commission on insider trader charges. It seems he sold tens of thousands of dollars of Imcone stock just prior to the company's shares tanking. Oh wait, perhaps it was Marta Steward who was accused of doing that. But the real question is, what's this amazing trick that Gilbert Godfried has using a dinner plate, two cubes of white sugar, one cube of brown sugar and a pat of butter?

Postby Guest » February 11th, 2003, 1:54 pm

He certainly has an eye for a pretty gal thats for sure. :cool:

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » February 11th, 2003, 3:21 pm

He has more than an eye for pretty women. If the women were lucky he would give them two

Return to “Buzz”